Hitlers private library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitlers private library

just finished reading the book "Hitlers private library" by Timothy W. Ryback. i did'nt know that by the time of his death Hitler had amassed a library of approx. 16 thousand books! several hundred are stored, at the library of congress, another 80 or so are at Brown university, Rhode Island. there are a few books he carried with him in the trenches, and a lot of them have Hitlers own thoughts and observations pencilled in the margins! its a well written book, and gives an insight into Hitlers mind, and you can see where some of his ideas came from! if you're fed up with books on the last days in the bunker etc. give this a try -Nigel
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

I agree - it is an excellent book.

Chris

Comment

Hello,

would you be so kind as to provide a scan of some pages of the book please?

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
        Hello,

would you be so kind as to provide a scan of some pages of the book please?
        heres a couple of pics.. Hitler in the early days proudly posing in front of his bookshelf..3idside3265.jpg

Comment

and Hitlers bookplate pasted into his books...6a00e551d8b936883401053722160c970b-200wi.jpg

Comment

interesting area of reading

Excellant type of book to bring up here,
            can you tell if there is a chapter on the religious/mystical/pagan books to be found in his library?

I know Hitler had a few of the Rune occultist books in his library.
            I may have to get this book.
            Thanks ,
            Michael Fay

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
              Excellant type of book to bring up here,
              can you tell if there is a chapter on the religious/mystical/pagan books to be found in his library?

I know Hitler had a few of the Rune occultist books in his library.
              I may have to get this book.
              Thanks ,
              Michael Fay
              yes, there is a chapter on this subject, among his surviving books are several on the occult and spiritual including.. Peter Maags "realm of god and the contemporary world", Anulus Platonis an 18th century book on occult sciences,"the dead are alive" a book on paranormal phenomena, "body, spirit and living reason" by Dicaiarchos Carneades and "law of the world" by Maximilian Riedel, about the links between the physical and spiritual worlds. all had been well read, so theres no doubt that Hitler had more than a passing interest in the subject! good book, recommened -Nigel

Comment

hitlers library

for uk members - picked a hardback copy of this book up in tesco's on offer for £10. very interesting read so far.

mark

Comment

Originally posted by mar maskery View Post
                  for uk members - picked a hardback copy of this book up in tesco's on offer for £10. very interesting read so far.

mark
                  thats where i got mine too..bargain -Nigel

Comment

Hitler's Library

Hello,
                    It is a good book and a great read. On another note I own several books from Hitler's private library. I got them from a 101st AB vet many moons ago. The man sold them to my mother for around $20 a piece.

Here is one of my books. It is a 1st edition.

Regards,
                    Jody
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Jody; 03-02-2009, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Hitler's Library

Here is the bookplate.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hitler's Library

An inside look and yes, this book has a few things underlined in them.
                        Attached Files

Comment

very nice Jody, thanks for showing, feel free to post more photo's of Hitlers books, i'd love to see them!! -Nigel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X