VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History of the Second World War magazines - full set.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

History of the Second World War magazines - full set.

Hello gents.

I'm after some advice. I've come by a complete set of magazines on the history of the second world war. I believe they were printed in the late 60's. There are 96 copies. 6 volumes each containing 16 copies. All are in very good condition.
    I have no idea what to do with them so i was considering off loading them. What sort of price should i expect to put them at?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Picture 2
    Attached Files

Comment

that is a great set of magazines....my father collected them from about 66-68...purnell continued with two more volumes after the initial six so there are in total 128 issues in 8 volumes...i have the first four bound in the original binders available at the time......i dont know if he misplaced one or did not get it that week but there were only 127 issues in our house ....until one sunny day two years ago while browsing ebay there was a guy selling 2 issues and one just happened to be the missing one!!! which i got for 3 quid.
      ....i know they are priceless to me..they are the reason i became interested in WW2...i was always going thru them as a kid.....id say hold onto them mate.....or search old book shops for the binders....K

ps...u dont know what to do with them??..have u considered reading them?

Comment

I actually remember the North American Versions of these being sold at the news stand back in the early 70's. I managed to pick up some of the issues. Many years later and thanks to e-bay I managed to upgrade many of the dog eared copies with minty new ones. I have the whole 128 volumes. Don't ever plan on selling them.

You can do a search on e-bay and see they come quite cheaply even today. Not sure you could get much out of trying to sell the whole set as most people are trying to complete the full set like I did.

Good luck though

Comment

you said it man...a fantastic collection to have...hold onto them¬....u can find the odd copy here and there...but put them all together...and wow

Comment

Hi,

Individually, the issues are cheap. I seen them priced around 25 - 50p an issue at various fairs etc.

A set of 111 of them sold on ebay for £4.99 (if you are interested the item number is 220370015121)

For that sort of price I would keep them!

Cheers

Ian

Comment

There are very well done and were ahead of their time as far as research. Better now than a lot of books that are being printed today that actually waste paper.

Our friends over the pond also did the memorable (for me) The World at War series on TV. I remember my jaw dropping seeing vets like Galland talk before their input became so trendy and desired years later. I was glued to the television.

Comment

Your PM box is full. I'd be interested in purchasing the entire set. Send me an e-mail or PM if you're still interested in selling them and we'll work something out.
                AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X