Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book about imperial ribbon bars

To all,

My wife has bought to me a book about ribbon bars. I am very proud that she has benn thinking to my collection. But this book is not as good as I want . So I would like to know if the articles about ribbon bars in this web site is the beginning of a book or not. Because I am looking for a new reference in this matter. So If someone has a script I will be very please fo give him photos of my own collection.

Christophe

The Article here IS all that CAN be done, in the United States. Schiffer Publishing controls virtually the entire "militaria" field at this point and they will NOT publish "another" book when "the subject has already been done."

So the last 25 years of MY collecting life is pretty much down the drain, that way. All because if you are not FIRST... you do not get a CHANCE. No matter what the results are.

Also, I have an inclination to go on forever, as the links in this thread will show:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=35935

The rules and regulations changing over time, examples, photos in wear... all take up vast amounts of time as well as space. That is why none of the material above linked has been added to the site's Article yet... too many OTHER topics being done here, and Alex isn't big enough yet to be able to help his daddy add more.

I could go on with "ribbon bars" and never stop adding material and that is focussed on 1914-45, not even venturing much into 1871-1913! (I see an enormous gap in that earlier period-- simply have NOTHING to fill it with, hence my focus on WW1 to WW2.)

At least with the mammoth START to this subject in the website Article, I actually CAN add new chapters from time to time-- as enough to justify doing so comes in, and as Seba can schedule in his time magically changing my raw material into what gets posted as the final product.

I have always thought it would be nice if the Permanent Articles could be sold on CDs or something, but BOOK publishing seems to be one door that is firmly shut in this country, as stated above.

We are "the best and brightest" here-- that's simply fact and not "bragging." My own standards are such that I have left ANYTHING "questionable" out, rather than have FAKES shown as originals. The collectors' market is already inundated with fraudulent bars and Frankenstein parts junk. It takes TIME to do a "as close to perfect as can be" job. It takes a LOT of sharing-- see how many people--from the US, Europe, Australia-- contributed to The Article? And there will always be a need for better original photos "in wear," and so on.

There are not actually that MANY of us who CARE about ribbon bars. Everyone else is bored to tears by the subject, or couldn't care less and think "Where Eagles Dare" monstrosities Look Pretty slapped inappropriately on their uniforms. There is thus an extremely small "commercial" market for detailed, accurate information on real ones and fakes-- even while fakes ring up big bucks from idiots every day on eCrap or at the usual auction sources and show dealers.

All WE can do is keep EACH OTHER informed and entertained HERE. Rick
    Last edited by Rick Lundström; 11-01-2003, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Dear Rick,

Thanks a lot for your replay. You are talking about Schiffer, but I am living in Europe (in France) and here there are several reviews which published books if the subjet is good. And I know one review (Militaria Magazine) whhich will be interrested by this subjet. I have written one article in this review several years ago and I am finishing another one to be published. So if we have good photos in color from ribbon bars and severals photots in black & white from this imperial era. I think this project will be true.

For my own collection I still continue to buy beautiful ribbon bars and I hope that one day those will be in a book. It's my dream.

I am member of BDOS in Germany and they are still interrested by subjet about WW1. So may be one day the dream will be reality !!!.

Many thanks Rick for your article and your answer.

Christophe

Comment

Hi Christoph,

also here in Europe is still no existing book about German ribbon bars. (for now )
        Best source is still the Rolf-Dieter Krischer / Jörg Nimmergut Bänderkatalog or the Willi Geile Deutsches Bänderbuch.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X