Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german cross in gold book

hi .
    can anybody tell me if there are any good book(s) that cover german cross in gold holders from the army (panzer) that that also show pictures of the awardees. i'm looking for pictures of oberleutant siegfried schonstedt ,
    DK 14.4.44 1/pz regiment 15 and siegfried schulz DK 28.9.44 1/pz art.reg 78. i'm hoping to find pictures of them wearing their 4 pocket service tunics to aid in recsearching a tunic that i have.

thanks
    tony

The only series at present that covers German Cross in Gold holders with individual biographies, photos of them, etc is mine. But I only cover SS and Police.

You can do individual Army personnel research at NARS, through a paid researcher, or request his Personalakte from the German Archives system. For the latter he must already be deceased for 30 years.

Mark

Comment

hey mark
      thanks for the info.

tony

Comment

will the ODR help? they might in writing although understandably they're for RK holders. still worth checking out ODR.

Comment

OdR is not involved with GC holders as a topic, research aspect, veteran contact group, etc.

There was an attempt to have a similar organization for GC holders in the 1980s, but it failed to get support and never really got off the ground. Probably because the sheer number of men would be a huge task for compiling data beyond the award date. Also, the rapid passing on of veterans from that time on removed the potential help they could have provided.

Many specific vet groups existed for the various services, units, etc with most now disbanded due to the vast majority of members having died.

Obviously there are members in the OdR who also won the German CRoss, but their membership is only based on the fact they were awarded the KC.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X