auxiliary cruiser books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auxiliary cruiser books?

Can anyone recommend a good book or books on the auxiliary cruisers? (I already have The German Raider Atlantis by Captain Bernhard Rogge and Wolfgang Frank.)
    Thank you!

George
    Last edited by George Stimson; 03-10-2002, 10:15 AM.
    George

Hello All:
    I am new to the site, but not Hilfskreuzers. I have been researching them for more than a decade with the help and support of many surviving crewmen. Here is a short listing of books dealing with the Hilfskreuzers. I have just recently finished a 350+ page book covering all aspects of "Atlantis" which will be published by US Naval Institute Press in the next 12-18 months.
    Please feel free to email me. I have an extensive collection of Hilfskreuzer material that I freely share with fellow researchers.

Here are some good books covering the subject:
    Alexander, Roy. Sea Prison and Shore Hell: The Cruise of the Raider “Atlantis” From the Diary of John Creagh. 1942.
    Becker, Rolf O. Fallen Tarnung! – Feuer frei! Kampf und ende von Schiff 16, dem Hilfskeuzer ‘Atlantis. 1959.
    Brennecke, H. J. Cruise of the Raider HK-33. 1954.
    Brennecke, H. J Gespensterkreuzer HK 33 Hilfskreuzer "Pinguin" auf Kaperfahrt. 1953.
    Eyssen, Robert. HKS Komet: Kaperfahrt auf allen Meeren. 1960.
    Frank, Wolfgang and Bernhard Rogge. Schiff 16 Die Kaperfahrten das schwerwn Hilfskreuzers ATLANTIS auf den Sieben Weltmeeren. 1968.
    Frank, Wolfgang and Bernhard Rogge The German Raider Atlantis. 1956.
    Frank, Wolfgang and Bernhard Under Ten Flags 1955.
    Hoyt, Edwin P. Raider 16. 1970.
    Mielke, Otto. SOS Sonderband Nr. 39. Hilfskreuzer “Orion” Rund um den Erdball. 1954.
    Mohr, Ulrich. Die Kriegsfahrt Des Hilfskreuzers ATLANTIS Bilddokumente Einer Kreuzerfahrt in Vier Ozeanen. 1944.
    Mohr, Ulrich and Arthur V. Sellwood. Ship 16. 1956.
    Mohr, Ulrich and Arthur V. Sellwood. Sea Raider Atlantis. 1975.
    Muggenthater, August Karl. German Raiders of World War II. 1977.
    Schmalenbach, Paul. German Raiders: A History of Auxiliary Cruisers of the German Navy 1895-1945. 1979.
    Sellwood, Arthur V. Dynamite For Hire; The Story of Hein Fehler. 1956.
    Weyher, Kurt and Hans Jürgen Ehrlich. The Black Raider. 1955.
    Woodward, David. The Secret Raiders. 1955.

Joe

Comment

Wow!

Thanks, Joe!

George
      George

Comment

Hi All,
        I know that this is a very old thread but I can add some books to this list,

Barley,Geoffery Allen "Caught by a Nazi Raider" 1941 .The Author was a crew member of the Rangitane and was a prisoner on the Komet

Waters S.D "German raiders in the Pacific"1949 Official historyof the second world war (New Zealand).
        I hope this helps someone
        thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson View Post
          Can anyone recommend a good book or books on the auxiliary cruisers? (I already have The German Raider Atlantis by Captain Bernhard Rogge and Wolfgang Frank.)
          Thank you!

George
          I know this is an old thread, but I just finished reading this book, "Under Ten Flags," also know as The German Raider Atlantis. Does anyone know where I can get the movie, on DVD, that is in English? Any help here would be great. So far I have had no luck.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Eric
          I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Comment

Contact member Martin Westley for possible title advice. He's studied them in depth, great knowledge, and a very nice guy.

Mark

Comment

Perhaps a bit off-subject, but are there any crew lists available for these ships?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
                Contact member Martin Westley for possible title advice. He's studied them in depth, great knowledge, and a very nice guy.

Mark
                Mark, Thanks for the advice and I will look into getting a hold of Martin Westley. Thanks Again.

Eric
                I once flew in a B-17, B-24, & a B-25. Next, I want to fire an 88 round.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X