Hitlers Irishmen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leibermuster View Post
    All the White power kids in the US use a celtic cross as a symbol. It seems like that may have been appropriate back then as well.
    Does the book say whether the Irishmen were Catholics or something else?
    They were Catholics of course!

Comment

Is there anymore information (other books than O'Reilly, Terence Hitler's Irishmen and Hull, Mark M. Irish Secrets. German Espionage in Wartime Ireland 1939-1945) about the Brady and Stringer pair?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
        Is there anymore information (other books than O'Reilly, Terence Hitler's Irishmen and Hull, Mark M. Irish Secrets. German Espionage in Wartime Ireland 1939-1945) about the Brady and Stringer pair?

Thanks
        I have gone through those books and a few others so far, the Mark Hull one was the best overall on wartime espionage in Ireland while Hitlers Irishmen was a fantastic read about the SS adventures of Brady & Stringer.

Hitlers Irishmen did touch on the wartime espionage aspect of spies sent from Germany to Ireland including some information I had never seen published elsewhere about the landings in Clare in December 1943 however overall Mark M Hull's book has more information and its well illustrated throughout.

Another great source was the Irish times digital online archive. This was free to use there for a couple of weeks to celebrate their 150th anniversary (ending on April 5th I believe) - now you have to pay to use it though there is of course a wealth of information in there albeit what was passed by the govt censors of the time.

Another good one (though out of print) is Enno Stephan's 'Spies in Ireland' it is more about the Sicherheitsdeinst/Abwehr sent ones from Germany to Ireland than the 2x SS members that 'Hitlers Irishmen' primarily focuses on. There is another one I have been meaning to get 'The Shamrock and the Swastika' though I have heard mixed reports about that one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X