Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pumpkin Head Tab in old SS Regalia book

Hey guys,
    I noticed in the old book SS Regalia by Jack Pia (1974), there is a pumpkin head tab found on page 57. Anyone out there still have a copy of this book?
    Regards,
    Jody

Jody,
    this picture :-)
    cheers,
    gary
    Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Jody,
      here is a picture of that type of TK patch being worn
      cheers,
      Gary
      Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

SS Regalia

Originally posted by Gary Wood
        Jody,
        this picture :-)
        cheers,
        gary
        Hi Gary,
        Yes, that is the one! I still love that book and even though it is old I still love looking at it. I guess it is a childhood thing.
        Thanks,
        Jody

Comment

Still have my copy...

Originally posted by Jody Beltram
          Hi Gary,
          Yes, that is the one! I still love that book and even though it is old I still love looking at it. I guess it is a childhood thing.
          Thanks,
          Jody
          I still have a copy of that book. I remember how excited I was when that was first published back in 1974. I eagerly coughed up the $2.95 for all those color pictures of SS items. Mine's diffinitely all worn from the going over I gave it too.

Comment

Although the cover is gone, I still have my copy as well!
            Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Pia's Book

I still have my copy. I was ten years old when it came out. It was the first book I had run across showing German/SS items. I was hooked. I still think the crusher cap featured is the best example I've seen. Love to have it. I was able to see some of the items featured in the book (Meyer's paperwork, etc.) at the Imperial War Museum in London.

Paul

Comment

SS Regalia

Hi Guys,
                Well I still have my copy and a 2nd one as well since the original is really worn. I think that book and the 1st one Nazi regalia really helped to spur on many collectors back then. Those two books are still my favorites.

BTW,I was 9 when the SS Regalia book came out and my grandmother bought it for me at the grocery store.
                Regards,
                Jody

Comment

I agree...a great old book. I too was very excited when I first got it but was mildly disappointed when I discovered that there were no pictures of SS helmets in it.

Comment

Great thread, Jody!

I have a copy of Pia's SS Regalia, but I didn't get it until around 1989.
                    By then the cover price had jumped to $7.95!

I do have a copy of Pia's Nazi Regalia which I bought in 1973 at the age
                    of 12 for $2.95. It is just a stack of loose pages now! Love that book!

I also have the Squadron/Signals book Waffen SS in Action which I bought
                    around the same time for $3.95. The illustrations by Ron Volstad are the
                    best I've ever seen. Love that one too!

Paul, did you ever notice that the caption for that crusher is on the
                    opposite page under the schiffen, and vice-versa?

Darryl, I felt your pain as well!

The only thing that has always bothered me about the 2 Pia books is
                    that many of the metal badges had been drilled with two holes, presumably
                    to pin them into a display case. DOH!

I wonder if that "purist" is still doing that?

Comment

Hi Brian, you mention some great books, all of which I have too, I guess many of these got us all collecting this stuff?

The holes drilled in the badges that you mention. I looked at those with horor too. Guess who did them? The Imperial War Museum in London
                      Thank goodness this practice stopped many years ago now!
                      Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Brian, funny you mention this:

"I also have the Squadron/Signals book Waffen SS in Action which I bought
                        around the same time for $3.95. The illustrations by Ron Volstad are the
                        best I've ever seen. Love that one too! "

Ron V has joined the forum and has made a posting in the FJ section I have admired his artwork for many years too.
                        Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X