Call of Duty - World At War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty - World At War

Well boyz, got this game for the Wii for Xmas.

It's the Daughter's Wii, so I'm not too up on the controls etc. Oh well... I'm a PC player from way back.

Ratta Tat Tat today

We bought a Wii for the family this Xmas. & (of course) i had to have COD world at war for it. We even bought the zapper to go along with it. I've played most of the MOH & COD games on PS2 but i've never even picked up a Wii controller before. The Wii control is less accurate than the PS2,3 or Xbox versions(you have to nail the bad guys multiple times to kill em) Also you need to spend some time to set up the controls to your liking. So far i like it. It just takes some getting used to.

Comment

Originally posted by PEVO View Post
      We bought a Wii for the family this Xmas. & (of course) i had to have COD world at war for it. We even bought the zapper to go along with it. I've played most of the MOH & COD games on PS2 but i've never even picked up a Wii controller before. The Wii control is less accurate than the PS2,3 or Xbox versions(you have to nail the bad guys multiple times to kill em) Also you need to spend some time to set up the controls to your liking. So far i like it. It just takes some getting used to.
      Yeah, it does take some getting used to. We have'nt got the zapper. That may help a bit. Wow, Wii must have about 10 different controllers to use for all their games. I can remember N64 only needed one and it worked fine.

Comment

N64

N64? Wow, at least you didn't say Atari !!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          N64? Wow, at least you didn't say Atari !!
          How about Intellivision?

Comment

going through the third level difficulty in xbox360 right now and it is getting kind of hard to survive now ...

Comment

my user name was banned after 2 years on live by microsoft osama bin mike offensive? pah in keeping with the new cod iam now uncle heinrich ah much better

Comment

I rented COD for the Wii Lots of fun!! I enjoyed the challenge of he controls. The banzai attack by the japanese made me jump a few times while playing!!

Comment

I thought 'Call Of Duty 5 - World At War' on X-Box 360 was very disapointing indeed, taking into consideration what had gone before it.

I had much higher hopes but in the end it was not worth the wait IMHO. Flamethrower aside, there was little new or innovative and COD 2 & 3 still offer just as much as No 5.

Regards Richard.
                  Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

COD WAW is indeed a very addictive game.
                    I use to play it on the PC. What I like the most are the online multiplayer and co-op maps. Especially the Nazi Zombies Co-op Missions are really fun.
                    Other players from this forum may add me if you want. Username: Pillbox.

BTW, before you ever plan to buy a game, check: www.canirunit.com to see if it works on your PC. Can save you a lot of disappointment

Comment

Alright game

I played some at a net cafe for the first time,and some singleplayer was pretty intense against the japanese.For online play,nice maps and soldiers,like played deathmatch and team deathmatch.I rather play the 2nd one,but got carried away on deathmatch.

Comment

i played cod5 for 30 mins and have not played it since its nowhere near as good as cod4.the worst £40 i have spent in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by prussian.guard View Post
                          i played cod5 for 30 mins and have not played it since its nowhere near as good as cod4.the worst £40 i have spent in a long time.
                          Was that the PC version?

Comment

I got it there a while ago and it had problems with recognising the dvd rom drive (either of 2 dvd-rom drives in the machine). The 1.2 patch fixed that but means there is now sound (x-fi) apparently there is a fix for this which is to drop the system sounds from 24 bit to 16bit which would affect other things than just the game - I will try that later. I think they could have tested it a bit more before releasing it (both the game and the patch) & if I knew now how much grief it would be I wouldnt have bothered.

Graphichs wise it is excellent on the PC at least - easily as good as COD4. Content wise it did seem a bit gung ho in the 'kill the fleeing germans' department, you could even say it glossed over red army atrocities. The flamethrower was a nice addition to the arsenal but overall the game seems to be only average.

Comment

Anyone who needs any info about this game can pm me as my name is on the CREDITS

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X