Valkyrie - First Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chap15 View Post
    Some changes from history (to the best of my knowledge).
    Beck shoots himself in front of everyone when in fact, he shoots himself in a room by himself (and has trouble doing it).
    There is the piano wire hangings in the end. I believe that this was just a rumor at the end of the war.
    Hi Chap,

Beck attempted twice to shoot himself in the temple while in the presence of fellow conspirators Hoepner, Olbricht, Stauffenberg, Quirnheim, and Haeften. He fell after his first attempt, but was supported by Stauffenberg. After his second attempt he collapsed. The other men were ushered out to the courtyard at that time. Fromm ordered a man to return to the room with Beck in order to finish the task.

The piano wire hangings were not a rumor. Many men, including Generaloberst Hoepner, met their end via the piano wires at Plötzensee. Hitler ordered that the executions be filmed for his enjoyment.

Comment

ANOTHER HOLLYWOOD VS HISTORY MOVIE

Comment

Well, you all can stay home and listen to the kids whine and yell and scream all day ... I'm heading off to see this one. Can't be any worse than the alternative .. can it?

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
          Well, you all can stay home and listen to the kids whine and yell and scream all day ... I'm heading off to see this one. Can't be any worse than the alternative .. can it?
          Darrell, I look forward to seeing it myself......Can't believe it's any worse than "Enemy at the Gates".......Bodes

Comment

Looking forward to the sequel ???

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
            ...sounds like a film to watch on DVD, if at all, ...
            Erich
            Erich:
            Last theater movie I saw was Gladiator-2000, so
            I'll wait until I find both Valkyrie and the 2009 parody
            sequel at my local fleamarket for around two bucks.

sigpic
            .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

The piano wire hangings were not a rumor. Many men, including Generaloberst Hoepner, met their end via the piano wires at Plötzensee. Hitler ordered that the executions be filmed for his enjoyment.[/quote]

Paul,
              There is an interesting documentary called "Eye of the Dictator". In it, one of (or maybe the only) cameramen who filmed the executions is interviewed, he stated that they were hung with rope, not piano wire.

Not that it really matters in the end, but an interesting historical detail.

Regards,

Fred

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X