Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BBC series "World War II: Behind Closed Doors"

Friends,

Just a quick reminder that the new BBC series, World War II: Behind Closed Doors starts tonight, 10/11/2008 on BBC2 @ 9pm (it will be on the BBC iplayer in case you miss it!)

Here is some more information..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00fkx70

Regards

Ian

That will have to be an iplayer job at work tomorrow night.
    A Time Team Special on C4 about a hidden bunker named 'Vampire' used in WW1 is on at the same time.

Comment

Was OK for the uninformed, they could have made more of Stalin's paralysis when he heard of Barbarossa, the Officer Purges and they made the Soviet invasion of Poland in 39 look as if very few people would have known about it. Ive taught GCSE History and this point is definitely covered in some detail. Yet it was an enjoyable watch. I started zapping to the CA one but ive seen a very similar one on the History Channel so i stayed on BBC2. What was the C4 one like?

Jonathan

Comment

C4 Doc on the Vampire Bunker was really good, the condition of the bunker was amazing! although Health and Safety is a dirty word and may have stopped them so far in discovering it to its true potential. certainly worth watching!

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
          Just a quick reminder that the new BBC series, World War II: Behind Closed Doors starts tonight Ian
          I watched this series with some anticipation but was left a little deflated at the end.

Although there was some excellent combat (and colour) footage and input from surviving participants, the whole series seemed 'very clean' if that makes sense. I think they could of made more of Josef Stalin from an objective viewpoint (the Zhukhov incident aside) but, I guess at the end of the day it was better than having to endure the usual X-Factor/Strictly Come Dancing/I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here/reality TV pap.

Catch it on BBC-iplayer if you can get the time, 6/10 is my verdict.

Regards Richard.
          Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Just watched the last episode last night in which I learnt a couple of new things, including Molotov having to decide on whether to vote on expelling his wife from the party. Very "Life and Fate" like!

Overall I quite enjoyed it. My only gripe was I didn't like the recycling of "talking heads" clips (Many still fresh in my mind from "War of the Century")

Regards

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X