The boy in the striped pyjamas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boy in the striped pyjamas

Based on a book. Saw the trailer for this film tonight when i went to go watch Passchendaele. Looks good. Little boy who befriends another boy in a concentration camp. Doesnt under stand why the other boy is the "enemy". The boys father is a german SS officer and they live in a mansion near the concentration camp.

Anyone read the book? Seems like a good storyline, i will be looking forward to this film.

quite a good movie.
    Original ending, even though very contrived.

Recommend watching. Many scenes of Totenkopf division men.

Comment

I read the book in about two hours a couple of Sundays ago in work (Sundays are sloooooow). I thoroughly enjoyed it, aimed at the early teens I would guess as it is very easy reading but definitely a book you can't put down, keeps the reader entertained and makes you want to keep reading.
      I missed the film when it came out in the cinemas but have seen the trailer and am looking forward to the release on dvd. You can find it on play.com and set up a notification by email when it becomes available.

Comment

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas Movie Trailer

I agree that this movie looks really good. Here's a nice, high-quality tailer to get an idea of what it looks like:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809863912/trailer

Chris

Comment

I just saw this film and really enjoyed it.

Comment

sorry, i thought it was rubbish ,plot was ludicrous, characters wooden, a fairy tale with nazi s , a far better film was "pans laybrinth"

Comment

the ending was rubbish.

Comment

Its the worst movie WW2 I have ever seen. The uniform detail is a joke

Comment

I did not see it, but I think it is rubbish, especially the tunics. Jacques

Comment

Seen it last weekend, not one i would see again did not enjoy film.

Comment

No idea

Well I have no idea about the Boy in the Striped Jam Jam's, but that Movie "Pan's Labyrinth" is awesome !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        but that Movie "Pan's Labyrinth" is awesome !!!
                        Agree with that totally!

Comment

Wife and I saw the movie this weekend,

We thought it was alright, but did not like the ending.

Comment

I saw it today. Thought it was OK, not great but OK.

Comment

Watched it last night and really enjoyed it

Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X