Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Seven Men Of Spandau

I picked this book up today from the 2nd hand bookshop where I work:

"The seven men of Spandau" by Jack Fishman.

published 1954

"the remarkable inside story of the worlds most closely guarded prisoners" so says the blurb on the front cover.

Has anyone ever read this book?

I have only had a cursory flick through it and it seems a bit questionable to me.

the continuing blurb on the inside cover lists the spandau 7 and describes Grand Admiral Raeder as the man "who succeeded Hitler" Im hoping that was just a typo on their part Doenitz would have had something to say to the editor...

I would be interested to hear if anyone has come across this book before and what they thought of it.

anyone???

Comment

I have not read this book...never found it cheap enough.
      Somewhere I read (in a book on books about nazis)that this is a very different kind of book, with a outre angle to exploring those at the time imprisoned there. I believe it was said to be very interesting when on the subject of Hess.
      So I would check it out as this seems like it has a decent chance at being entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
        I have not read this book...never found it cheap enough.
        Somewhere I read (in a book on books about nazis)that this is a very different kind of book, with a outre angle to exploring those at the time imprisoned there. I believe it was said to be very interesting when on the subject of Hess.
        So I would check it out as this seems like it has a decent chance at being entertainment.

Thanks

yes I think I will read it...after I have got through all my other books

i had a flick through it and I must say there were some historical inaccuracies in it. One of them was about Doenitz, whom the author claimed was involved in a U boat incident with the british prior to WW2. this never happened!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X