Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniforms and traditions of the Luftwaffe, Angolia

Hello all

considering the high prices of this famous three books, I would like to know if some of you have any of them to tell me what is inside ? I'm particulary interested by tunics, fliegerbluses and m43 caps ; is there some good detail photographs ? Is there only one specimen of each sort of item or a few variations ? Which volume could be better for my points of interest ?

thank you !

No one has it ?

Comment

So far, I have only Volume 1, which covers all uniform and insignia, but with little on paratroops, etc., which is covered in the othe 2 volumes. As you may know, volume 2 is very expensive; around $400 or so.
      There are a number of m43 cap photos, as well as those of fliegerbluses, etc. It is very comprehensive, but the photos are not of great help to a headgear collector, as is Gary Wilkin's book.
      Still a great book to have, and available usually for around $100 or so. I would also say that the 2 Brian Davis books on Luftwaffe uniforms & insignia are fine references as well, for much less money.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Thank you for the response !

I already have the two Brian L. Davis books : lot of informations, excellent general documentation ; but I'm still looking for some books dedicated to tunics, bluses and caps, with detailed photos, variants, evolution, etc, as some books exist for only Heer tunics (at least one in french language, with complete description, variants, etc).

Comment

Hi,
          If you are looking for Angolia's Uniforms and traditions of the Luftwaffe you might want to try combatbooks.com. It appears they got some old stock direct from Angolia. Their price is $84.95, which includes shipping, probably just to a U.S. address.

Comment

I didn't know this web site ; I will immerse myself in it !

Thank you

Comment

All 3 volumes are a "must have" for any Luftwaffe collector. There are certainly errors and fake or messed with items (such as in the FJ helmet section), but the information in text is the most comprehensive out there. The others do not even come close. IMO.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X