BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heros of Vukovar (Trpinjska Cesta Tank Grave)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heros of Vukovar (Trpinjska Cesta Tank Grave)

Here is the new film "Heros of Vukovar (Trpinjska Cesta tank grave)" which is translated into english. It is Close combat panzer knacker to the extreeme! This is very important modern battle is now being studied at west point due to the Success of guerilla warfare and how 1800 men held out against overwhelming odds and a beseiging modern army for 3 months within modern day europe. It is very remeicent of the Battle of Britian. Very brave men indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/narkoza83

Best

Pete
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pete; 10-15-2008, 03:51 PM.

Great film!

Comment

tripinskja

If its studied at west point is it about friendly fire!!? Sorry only jokin!

Comment

This is only the first 2 parts, there are 12 parts and another part comes out each week if i recall. Its been a quite interesting watch so far, I have not seen any other accounts of men in anti tank panzerknacker ops like this anywhere else.

Regards,

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
          Here is the new film "Heros of Vukovar (Trpinjska Cesta tank grave)" which is translated into english. It is Close combat panzer knacker to the extreeme! This is very important modern battle is now being studied at west point due to the Success of guerilla warfare and how 1800 men held out against overwhelming odds and a beseiging modern army for 3 months within modern day europe. It is very remeicent of the Battle of Britian. Very brave men indeed.

Best

Pete
          Peter ; I got into it up until the series 5 installments - no more translations after that. What was translated was great though.

Comment

This summer, I met in Benkovac (Croatia) a real hero of Vukovar.
            I went for a drink, together with some croatian friends of me, in a local pub and he was the owner.
            His wife proudly showed me the medal and the citation he got from the croatian gouvernement.

It was special to me to meet a real close combat veteran!

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post

Best

Pete
              Pete,
              is the film itself with subtitles in English?
              or only on youtube,
              thanks, Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                Pete,
                is the film itself with subtitles in English?
                or only on youtube,
                thanks, Michael
                There is a special edition DVD with english subtitles, I will ask some of the boys who were working on this documentary for more info. In the meantime, here is the documentary official site: http://www.herojivukovara.hr .
                Last edited by Kristijan; 11-09-2008, 04:52 PM.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Kristijan View Post
                  There is a special edition DVD with english subtitles, I will ask some of the boys who were working on this documentary for more info. In the meantime, here is the documentary official site: http://www.herojivukovara.hr .
                  Kristijan,
                  that is very helpful of you,
                  thanks!
                  -Michael

Comment

I spoke to the guy who's translating the series and uploading them onto Youtube,he said he will translate the next one in a few days time,so it should be on a Youtube by the end of the week.
                    The complete series will have 30 parts in total,divided into a 3 groups of 10 parts.The first 10 parts have already been filmed and shown on Croatian national TV, the filming of the 2nd group(part 11-20)is scheduled to start this month.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X