Miracle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miracle

I am waiting to hear from Forum members to hear about the Miracle at St. Anna reviews !!!

Haven't seen it yet, and judging by what people are saying I'm thinking it may not be worth paying for a ticket for.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/miracle_at_st_anna/

Comment

I just saw the movie. I think it was pretty damn good. Screw those critics, they dont know anything.

I read the reviews before seeing this movie and they were all negative. Decided to go out and watch it anyways and im glad i did. Wouldnt mind paying to see it again either.

Dont listen to the critics, see it for yourself. Eitehr pay or download it online, but make up your own opinion.

Comment

I'd wait until the dollar show at the very least before seeing anything from Spike Lee

Comment

What can I say...I saw the movie this evening and was very disappointed. I read reviews also and and yes they were all negative, something I expected as it is a war genre. However, I went to the theater tonight determined to like it but was very surprised at how bad it is.

I don't have anything against Spike Lee or mind some of the exaggerated racial message stuff, and I know art and media are subjective, but this movie was objectively horrible. I found the movie disjointed and weird, not what I expected at all. The preview made it seem like a neat mystery was going to unfold but I found myself trying to fill in gaps to have some enjoyment watching it.

The inaccuracies with the uniforms etc. are somewhat distracting but that is not my criticism. The editing and the directing is really bad, something I was not expecting. Personally I would recommend waiting a couple of years to see this when it comes out on cable. Oh, the ending seemed like a Saturday Night Live skit....I'm dumbfounded. Just one person's opinion. Zach

Comment

Roger Moore, film critic for the Orlando Sentinel, really ripped it up, mainly for its pointless length (2:40 hours, I think), poor characterization, poor acting with only a couple of exceptions, being riddled with WW II movie clichés from one end to the other, a plot that attempts to deliver a work of fiction as a work of fact, excessive racial messaging, lack of continuity and terrible directing. Moore said it will go down as one of Lee's three worst films. It is Lee's response to Clint Eastwood's two Iwo Jima movies, after which Lee criticized C.E. for not showing any amptracs filled with black marines coming ashore on Iwo. Of course, there were none, but Lee never would admit that. Present day American culture is filled with hypocrites, and Spike Lee stands tall in the first rank and first file among racial hypocrites. The intentional distorting of history to fit a specific agenda is beneath contempt.

Comment

Movie is getting slammed pretty harshly by critics - This one calling it a confusing, racially motivated epic bore
              http://www.dallasobserver.com/2008-0...minor-miracle/

I take back what I said in post #4, I for one will not even waste $1 on it, would not waste bandwidth downloading it, and more than likely would not watch it if someone haded me a copy for free. Hope it flops big time.

Comment

I didnt notice any issues with the uniforms but i am really new to militaria.

I wonder if anyone else on the forum liked watching the movie, its kinda lonely on this side of the line right now lol.

Comment

Don't feel too bad about your + review JR, as you said, reviews don't mean much, after all they are only another guys opinion.
                  I am very familar with this Lee jokers constant race bating and whining, for that reason alone I am not inclined to put $$ into his pocket to encourage more.
                  As Larry stated, he was recently in a snit because Eastwood didn't feel like distorting truth and history by having blacks storming the beaches of Iwo Jima and perhaps raising the flag as well. I didn't see that movie either, yet.
                  He complains about being under the heel of evil whitey, then pretty much relies on evil whitey to make his movies a success, I just will not oblige him on that account, but I can see where this might not be much of a factor for others, who are content to judge his offerings on merit, as I suppose it should be.

Comment

Well, I haven't seen it simply because it hasn't been around to the rural area where I live but now I am glad that I haven't wasted my time to make a trip to go see it. I was sort of suspicious of Spike Lee making a war movie, I figured that he would resort to re-creating history to conform to his racist views as usual. He is ate up with hate for White people and all of his films reflect that.
                    Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Xray View Post
                      Movie is getting slammed pretty harshly by critics - This one calling it a confusing, racially motivated epic bore
                      That's pretty much what I've heard as well, not to mention being called overly long and with a constant, blaring horn soundtrack (not really a bad thing, but supposedly is still present in awkward places.) I've yet to see it, but I think I'll be safe waiting until it hits the $1 movie rental bin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X