Canada-WW1: C.E.F. 21st Battalion, Eastern Ontario Regiment History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada-WW1: C.E.F. 21st Battalion, Eastern Ontario Regiment History

For interested WAF members, a fellow collector friend has produced the following regimental history which will be launched on September 19th:

"Based on the considerable anecdotal history recorded via the 21st Battalion Association's newsletter "The Communiqué" and put into context using the War Diary and Part II Orders the book comes in at 400 pages. It contains a complete Nominal Roll detailing the nearly 5,000 men who passed through the battalion from its inception in November 1914 until its demobilisation in May of 1919 as well as an Honour Roll, a list of Honours and Awards and many photos some of which have not been published before. Appendices detail the various bands along with photos and lists of members. Hard covered and case bound, I hope this volume will be worthy of occupying a place on the bookshelves of students of the C.E.F. The production run will be limited to 300 copies and will retail for $50.00 plus shipping & handling."

Interested persons may contact the author, Steve Nichol by e-mail: snichol@sympatico.ca

Regards,

John

Though not my field of interest, it sounds like an essential tool for people interested in the CEF!

Comment

John,

Pardon my ignorance but were there a lot of French-Canadians it that regiment? I lived in Eastern Ontario from 1999 to 2005 and I'm developping an interest in French-Canadian military history. I'm currently reading the regimental history of the Régiment de la Chaudière, from Quebec City my hometown, the only French-Canadian regiement who took part in D-day.

Stéphane

Comment

Bonjour, Stephane! Sorry, but I cannot answer your question. However, the author will be guest speaker at the Bytown Military Collector Club meeting on Wednesday, November 5th. If you wish to attend...be my guest. Or, you might want to send him an e-mail (noted below) with your question.

John

Comment

Hi John,

I used to attend those Bytown Military Collector Club meetings. It would be fun to go to the November 5 meeting. I will mark my agenda. Will you be at the Ottawa show in October?

Stéphane

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X