Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalingrad: How the Red Army Triumphed

Friends,

I recently saw this book and wondered if anyone has had the chance to read it yet and what you thought of it?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stalingrad-A...0794017&sr=1-5

The reviews seem very positive!

Cheers

Ian

I have read it, and still have it sitting on a shelf at home. I thought it was a very good book as not only does it tell the 'story' from the Soviet side but it also shows how communism retold the epic stories of some of the Stalingrad legends such as Zaitsev & Pavlov. And another plus point is that it shows, through survivor testimonies & records, just how desperate the plight was of the defenders during some of the critical moments of the battle, and some of them reveal the mistakes made by the command.
    If you haven't got this book I would recommend it as it 'reads' very well and shows another side to the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
      I have read it, and still have it sitting on a shelf at home. I thought it was a very good book as not only does it tell the 'story' from the Soviet side but it also shows how communism retold the epic stories of some of the Stalingrad legends such as Zaitsev & Pavlov. And another plus point is that it shows, through survivor testimonies & records, just how desperate the plight was of the defenders during some of the critical moments of the battle, and some of them reveal the mistakes made by the command.
      If you haven't got this book I would recommend it as it 'reads' very well and shows another side to the battle.
      Thanks for the reply.

This book is now next on my reading list!

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X