Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which book to buy??

Hi,
    justa quick one - I am buying two of the Then & Now volumes and I have just enough left in my budget for the month for one more book, either: Album SS - P K Roth Kriegsberichter Franz Roth or Panzerkampfgruppe Strachwitz, A Photographic Study of Battles for the "Ostsack" and "Westsack", Narva 1944

What is the general opinion on these two books? I have read the reviews on here with regards to the Strachwitz book, but I haven't seen anything about the P K Roth one.

Horribly late reply, but I'd go with Panzerkampfgruppe Strachwitz. Of course I have no bias.

It's a quick read, but the photos are fantastic.

Comment

Strachwitz

I have the Strachwitz book and am very pleased with it. There are some great photos of armor and elite units.

Comment

I would agree, Panzerkampfgruppe Strachwitz is a very informative book. I had a relative fight at this battle so I am very interested in the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
          Hi,
          justa quick one - I am buying two of the Then & Now volumes and I have just enough left in my budget for the month for one more book, either: Album SS - P K Roth Kriegsberichter Franz Roth or Panzerkampfgruppe Strachwitz, A Photographic Study of Battles for the "Ostsack" and "Westsack", Narva 1944

What is the general opinion on these two books? I have read the reviews on here with regards to the Strachwitz book, but I haven't seen anything about the P K Roth one.
          Out of interest which "Then and Now" volumes are you buying?

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
            Out of interest which "Then and Now" volumes are you buying?

Cheers

Ian
            I had completely forgotten about this thread! As it was originally posted 18 months ago I think the 2 T & N volumes I was referring to would of been either the 2 D-Day, or 2 Market Garden volumes as I have just bought the 3rd volume for The Blitz T&N which completes my collection of the WW2 related T&N books (except for the ones related to Airfields Of...T&N which I am not bothering with). Now I just have all the After The Battle magazines to buy at a rate of 10 per month!

Comment

I had completely forgotten about this thread! As it was originally posted 18 months ago I think the 2 T & N volumes I was referring to would of been either the 2 D-Day, or 2 Market Garden volumes as I have just bought the 3rd volume for The Blitz T&N which completes my collection of the WW2 related T&N books (except for the ones related to Airfields Of...T&N which I am not bothering with). Now I just have all the After The Battle magazines to buy at a rate of 10 per month!
              Thanks for the reply and apologies I didn't see the date of the post

Volume 3 of the Blitz T&N will be my next purchase (I'm hoping there might be some photo's of London where I grew up) - just waiting for a decent priced one to appear on Amazon reseller.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
                Thanks for the reply and apologies I didn't see the date of the post

Volume 3 of the Blitz T&N will be my next purchase (I'm hoping there might be some photo's of London where I grew up) - just waiting for a decent priced one to appear on Amazon reseller.

Cheers

Ian
                I have just bought my copy via that method for £28. Can't say I have seen it any cheaper yet. My dad was born and raised in (and bombed out of) Silvertown so I bought them to for that reason really.

Comment

I have just bought my copy via that method for £28. Can't say I have seen it any cheaper yet. My dad was born and raised in (and bombed out of) Silvertown so I bought them to for that reason really.
                  That's a good price, just checked and the prices start at £34

Do you have (or flicked through?) the "Through the Lens" books by ATB?

(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Villers-Boca...7135884&sr=1-3

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battle-Bulge...ref=pd_sim_b_6)

If so are they worth getting?

Thanks for the info on your Dad. From what I know Silvertown certainly saw it's share of the Blitz

Cheers

Ian

Comment

A search on Abebooks returns one being sold for a total (including postage) of £32.50.

I'm afraid I don't have any of the Through The Lens books so can't voice an opinion on them I'm afraid.

Comment

A search on Abebooks returns one being sold for a total (including postage) of £32.50.

I'm afraid I don't have any of the Through The Lens books so can't voice an opinion on them I'm afraid.

Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X