Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Karapandzic - Kocevje: Tito's Bloodiest Crime

Hello

is there anybody here that owns a copy of this book, published in the US in 1958? I'm looking for a copy, but it's not easy to get, so I would like to hear from someone who has read it first

Thanks

Have you tryed amason.com.they have alot of out of print books.

Comment

Hi, yep, it's my #1 source for old books. You can find a lot of old prints for few bucks, but this one is not available...

Comment

Run the author and the title through these two and see what happens:

http://www.abebooks.com/
        http://www.eurobuch.com/

Try this one, too:

Karapandzich, Borivoje M. The Bloodiest Yugoslav Spring, 1945: Tito’s Katyns and Gulags. New York: Carlton Press, 1980.

Comment

Hello Larry, good links!

unfortunately both books available are in the original language version: text in Serbo-Croatian (cyrillic)

It exists also a version dated 1965 in english

Comment

Here are some additional titles of the same genre that might be of use to you:

Böhme, K.W. Die deutschen Kriegsgefangenen in Jugoslawien 1941-1949. Bielefeld: Verlag Ernst und Werner Gieselking, 1962.
            [Croatian Islamic Centre]. Massacre of Croatians in Bosnia-Hercegovina and Sandžak. Toronto: Croatian Islamic Centre, 1978.
            Hecimović, Josip. In Tito’s Death Marches and Extermination Camps. New York: Carlton Press, 1962.
            Omrčanin, Ivo. Holocaust of Croatians. WashDC: Samizdat, 1986.
            Omrčanin, Ivo. Dokumente über die Greueltaten der Tschetniken und Kommunisten in Kroatien (1941-1945). München, 1960.
            Omrčanin, Ivo. Kroatische Priester ermordet…. München, 1959.
            Omrčanin, Ivo. Seed of Blood. Sidney, 1961.
            Prcela, John and Stanko Guldescu. Operation Slaughterhouse. Philadelphia: Dorrance, 1970.
            Tovilo, Mato. Croatia’s Way of the Cross. Toronto, 1966.

Comment

Thank you Larry,

2 of these books are on the way to me right now. I could add some additional titles, if you're also interested on the subject.
              Also, you may take a look at the photo reportage I took 2 weeks ago at Kocevski rog, published on my forum : http://europe-at-war.forumfree.net/?t=30406493

note: in the same section there is also some photos taken at Bleiburg

Comment

Great photo coverage of the site of a terrible massacre. Kocevje and Bleiburg make Srebrenica look like kiddie play at Kindergarten. The very worst atrocities of World War II took place in the former Yugoslavia.

As for me, I have read everything on the subject in Serbo-Croatian, German and English, and even a bit in Italian. I got sick of it about 10 years ago and changed my research back to other subjects.

You will find the product of my years of research here:

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=34

Click on Army, Ustasha and Anti-Partisan Operations.

Good luck with your studies! May it never happen again!!

--Larry

Comment

Well Larry, that has been the Balkanese practice for centuries! Speaking of current events, that Haag "court" is a joke. I hope Karadzic pulls through that crap intact.

Comment

Hi Larry,

to me the subject is particularly interesting, since I live just near the border and also our history is stained with such crimes in 1945. It's a less known story that is slowly coming up, but as far as I know, many documents related to Operation Keelhaul are still secreted in UK.

Personally I don't think it's a "balkan thing" only. It's peculiar to every "civil war", especially if there is a political/ethnic connotation , if you look at what happened in Italy in 1945,it's not that different, and there was a cover-up for over 60 years as well...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X