ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Cross in Gold Holers in Police and SS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Gold Holers in Police and SS.

Volume three of Mark (Yerger's) series is just out having hit the shelves in mid- July.
    I must have been reasonably quick of the mark I managed to get 21/400 of the signed editions.
    The book itself deals with members of Nordland - a unit I know little about so much of the book is new to me.

The book itself - Mark's a previously high standard of research , writing and presentation has been continued as one would expect from the good man.
    The standard of production from Rodger Bender is excellent , a well produced book , quality materials , well bound and flawless in how it has been put together.
    Photgraphic coverage and reproduction standards are excellent , full indexed easy to use .
    A section of the books covers Roll of Honour Clasp Holders and Close Combat Clasp in Gold Holders - I find that Berger's "Face of Courage" dovetails nicely with Mark's series as across reference.
    The appendix covers the Division Nordland and Staff of the III (germanisches) SS- Panzerkorps 1943.
    Addendum to previous volumes provide corrections and updates .

What you get is good value for money - this is a series which should not be missed - I look forward to Volume IV - thanks to Mark for his hard work and dedication to his subject.

On sale from Rodger Bender .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by behblc; 07-26-2008, 06:43 AM.

Thanks for the comment, everyone seems pleased thus far. Vol. 4 is supposed to be out by end of 2008, I've approved and already returned all design pages. I'm knee deep in #5.

Mark C. Yerger

Comment

Mark I look forward to "4" and wish you good luck with "5" - how many further books do you see this seies running to and just as a matter of interest what in terms of numbers does the average printing of a book run to ?

My thanks again for your hard work and for investing so much of yourself in what you give to others.

Comment

11 volumes at a guess, depending to a degree on help from others with material needed to fill gaps.

Comment

vol 4

Hi Mark,

yesterday arrived my copy of Vol. 3. After a couple of hours reading in it I'll give you a big. This is not only a collection of names and simple dates but an detailed story about the backgroud of the award reasons for the holders of the German Cross in Gold. Outstanding the pics and files in it. As the other readers before keep on going with the good work.
          Btw Mark Yerger is a gentle person, who gives full credit and a free copy of the book for those, who suppose him with pics and docs from their collections !

cordial greetings

walle
          Last edited by Walter Sp; 07-26-2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Really nice work Mark!

regards Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
              I'm knee deep in #5. Mark C. Yerger
              Mark, what units are you covering in Volume 5?

Regards Richard.
              Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X