Generation Kill? Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generation Kill? Opinions?

Have you guys been watching this new HBO series? IMO, its awesome!! I'm hooked!

I've only seen the first episode, but so far I like it. If they avoid "messages" and just focus on the events, I thin it could be as good as Band of Brothers.

Don

Comment

Agreed. That's what I was thinking as well it totally reminded me of Band of Brothers. I hope they dont ruin it.

Comment

I'm enjoying it. The dude on the Ripped Fuel is nuts!

Comment

Read the book by the same title. I read it cover to cover one Sunday over a cup of coffee at my local Barnes and Nobles, it was excellent. And yes, my local Barnes and Nobles went out of business.

Dave

Comment

I love the mini series thus far.

Comment

What I find most interesting about this excellent series is how different the men of today are from their forefathers. Take an 18yr old from this show and place him in Easy Company in Band of Brothers and he would be a section-8. While the horrors of war are obviously unchanged, people are very different IMHO.

Comment

I dunno... Maybe the way the are portrayed is what is different. I bet that there is not much difference for our soldiers today today from what our grandfathers experienced in their day. The best way to judge this is to get a WW2 vet to watch an episode and catch his reaction.

The only things that are different about the warfare today is the weapons and ideology.

Comment

I strongly disagree and perceive vast differences.

Comment

What differences do you see?

Comment

One of the major differences I see between the two series is the fear in the soldiers eyes. Also, in B.O.B the soldiers know the cause they are fighting for and act accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by adlerfan53 View Post
                        [I]n B.O.B the soldiers know the cause they are fighting for and act accordingly.
                        I thought there was a lot of tomfoolery going on in BOB as well. Whether or not that was representative of soldiers back in the day, I cannot say.

Comment

Anyone catch last night's episode? Terrific hour of television.

Comment

They are an hour long? I thought I saw the first two episodes online, but they were both only 22 minutes or so and ended abruptly (that would explain it).

I don't have HBO.

Comment

[QUOTE=CollectRussia;2742676]Read the book by the same title. I read it cover to cover one Sunday over a cup of coffee at my local Barnes and Nobles, it was excellent. And yes, my local Barnes and Nobles went out of business.

Dave[/QUOT

As a matter of fact, I just started reading the book today. So far it looks like a keeper. Havn't seen the series yet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X