German Combat Badges of 3rd Reich book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Combat Badges of 3rd Reich book

Hi there, How good is " The German Combat Badge of 3rd Reich" book that was authored by Micheal Tucker? This book covers various marked Army war badges with various German medal manfactuers logos and names. Unfortunately Tucker didnt mention unmarked war badges in this book. I finished reading this book that belonged to fellow collector. Any comments welcome. Thanks!

Tucker book

I just found out that Micheal Tucker's book was loaded with photos of fakes. I talked with Dietrich Maerz about this Tucker book yesterday at a local militaria show. I mentioned Tucker's German Combat Badges of 3rd Reich book to him. He said the book was full of fakes. I decided not to buy that Tucker book. I will buy reference books from B&D Publishing LLC that was owned by Maerz instead. The books like The Knights Cross of the Iron Cross and the Flak Badges will be more valuable addition to my reference library. Thanks for Maerz's help! James

Comment

I don't know if that is exactly a fair review of the Tucker book. Some of the badges were identified as not being authentic but on the whole it remains an important reference for many reasons in my humble opinion. Of course I would recommend the other books you mentioned. I don't know Dietrich Maerz (or Mike Tucker for that matter), but I can't imagine he would be so dismissive, especially knowing the amount of work that goes into making a reference book and what Mr. Tucker had to work with at the time he authored it.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=122315

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X