Passchendaele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passchendaele

Anyone else seen this one advertised? There is a Trailer on the link to the site.

Looks promising ... hopes it's not the "Pearl Harbour" Love Story again

http://www.passchendaelethemovie.com/movie/indexload.html

Well ... it's out and I saw it tonight.

Did someone say "Passiondale" ...

Plot ....

10 minute war scene --> 1 hour love story --> last 25 minute War scenes (interlaced with 10 min more love story).

I'm afraid our collecting community is going to be harder on this one than they were on Pearl Harbor (is that possible).

I must admit, that with a $20MM budget he did pretty good. But the action scenes Private Ryanish they are NOT. Pretty "low bugetish" if I say so ....

I had much bigger expectations. I'm sure it will reside in my DVD collection when it comes out .. but I'm not sure it will be played much more than the first 10 and last 25 minutes

Comment

From the trailers I thought it looked promising. Don't ever compare anything to that abortion called Pearl Harbor...I have images of the love interest in this movie flash forwarding to Berlin 1945 standing over the body of Hitler, whom they've just shot, stating "now the battle of Passchendale is finally over"......
      I'm visiting Toronto for a couple of days on this was on my list of things to do but maybe I'll just wait until it comes out on dvd and spend the two hours drinking instead.

eric

Comment

To bad they could not have stuck with the run up to the battle and the aftermath.

Comment

The very ending of the final battle scene is a real groaner and completely "unrealistic" and simply not in the least believable. I actually muttered under my breath.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X