Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, SS German Cross in Gold vol. 3

http://www.bender-publishing.com/GECR3.html

Vol. 3 finally here, see above for website links to multiple page and photo samples.

Mark C. Yerger
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mark C. Yerger; 06-18-2008, 10:37 PM.

I look forward to reading Volume 3 which I have already ordered.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to those you sent PMs. Sorry, I don't sell signed copies myself due to all the paperwork and packing hassle. Signed copies are available from the publisher or "Volume Control" books.

Mark

Comment

A great piece of work.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=301812

My own view of Mark's recent work is in the above thread.
        Was it worth it ...let me put it this way ...... looking forward to Volume 4 .

Excellent!

Comment

Thank you!

Having received my copy of this great book from Mark, I believe that I can say that the research and information contained within is a fabulous attribution to all the men profiled, and is befitting of their proper place in history along with their monumental efforts to rid the world of communism.

Well done Mark,...............and thank you!

Chuck Stubben

In memory of Obersturmfuehrer Ernst Richard Stubben. May he now rest in peace!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by vonStubben; 07-30-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

WOW, Chuck that is very cool. I'm putting names together here and assuming he is a relative. Fine looking young man he was.

Comment

Really nice work and a good quality book too!

Glad to contribute!

regards Jens

Comment

I purchased my copy from Jack @ WWII Volume Control last Friday. Another excellent piece of research from Mark!!!!

Comment

I've just received my copy. Can only echo the praise already given here. It is extremely unlikely anyone will ever usurp Mark Yerger's position as the preeminent biographical historian of the Waffen-SS. Exquisite in every way- well-written, solidly researched, very interesting subject matter, lavishly illustrated, superb binding and presentation by Roger Bender-- Very pleased with it, and give it all the highest possible marks. Must also note that Mark has, for 11 years, been of great assistance to me in getting my own work published and improving the quality of my manuscripts.

Sincerely,
                  ~ Mike

Comment

This is a great series and a must to buy. The detail of the research, the pictures and the overall presentation is top quality.
                    Congratulations Mark. We the readers are very much indebted to you.

Comment

I do not know why these do not get more traffic here. These are well written and researched, almost a unit history in every volume. If you like waffen-SS these are for you. If you like period photos, with great uniform, headgear and/or decoration shots, these are for you. These are not like reading a novel where you have scores of pages to finish a single chapter, these "biographies" are one to several pages long, informative, with photos of the individuals. Well footnoted!

I have each of his DK volumes and several others...

Keep up the good work Mark!!!

Comment

SS German Cross in Gold Vol.3

Mark Yerger’s new book is another great work by one of the leading biographical authors on the Waffen-SS. His books are a “must have” for anyone interested in the history of the Waffen-SS or anyone that collects Waffen-SS militaria.

Derek

Comment

I had a chance to examine a copy this week. As usual, looks very good. My only serious gripe for the whole series concerns to very much overlarge font for the main text which makes for a much slower reading than e.g. Florian Berger´s Face of Courage.

Comment

There are sample pages of text in this thread, as far as I know Bender has used the same type fonts for some 30 years.

Mark

Comment

They may have done so but I´d recommend an immediate reduction of at least 2 pts of the main font size. As it is now, the captions are much faster to read (words per minute) than the main text. Smaller font would also reduce expenses as it would reduce the needed paper.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X