Third Reich-themed Chick Flicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Reich-themed Chick Flicks

If your like me, you probably have a spouse that barely tolerates the hobby, and has little interest in it. Well, gentlemen, you'll never "convert" her (and quite frankly, I like her just the way she is ) but you can kill 2 birds with one stone--put in your "chit" for having watched a "chick flick", yet bend the rules by having it be a TR themed movie.

The first (and the best) is the 1958 film, "A Time to Love and a Time to Die." As far as I know, it is only available in VHS. I believe they used some original uniforms as well:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Visor cap looks real:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Next is Hitler's SS: Portrait in Evil, which was a made-for-TV miniseries that came out in 1985. The uniforms were excellent for their time (no, they weren't perfect). I believe the advisor was Brian L. Davis.
      Bill Nighy starred as the brother who joined the SS, and John Shea as the brother who joined the SA, and was drafted into the Wehrmacht:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

A young Bill Nighy:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Next is Black Book, which I dragged the wife to last year, and she ended up loving it.
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Next is Danielle Steele's "The Ring". The first half (which took place in Nazi Germany) was good, and featured the conquest of Berlin by the Soviets. The girl married an SS-SD officer who gets killed defending Berlin, and then she emigrates to America posing as a Jewish refugee.
            (Once the first half is over, find an excuse to leave, and she won't even miss you).
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Dresden, which I saw last night and gave me the idea for this thread:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Next we have one of the most implausible TR movies ever made, the 1993 Michael Douglas flick "Shining Through." It also featured the worst acting performance a (then) major Hollywood A-list actress, Melanie Griffith.

However, the uniforms (as I recall) were pretty good.
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

If anyone has any others, list 'em here!
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

"Next we have one of the most implausible TR movies ever made, the 1993 Michael Douglas flick "Shining Through." It also featured the worst acting performance a (then) major Hollywood A-list actress, Melanie Griffith."

How bad was the acting?
                    https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

....and to cap off a romantic evening, don't forget........

Cheers,
                      Bob.
                      I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

I don’t know if this movie would fall in the category of a classic chick flick but my wife enjoyed the film which she normally does not like any military related movies.
                        Attached Files

Comment

WWII Chick Flicks

Hello,
                          Luckily I have a wife (a mother too) who likes war movies and the hobby. My wife watches all of my war movies and Zulu and Das Boot are two of her favorite films of all time. A great film (considered sci-fi) that has some great WWII scenes and many women I know tend to like it is Slaughterhouse Five. Most women I talked to also really liked Night of the Generals, The Eagle has Landed, Flags of our Fathers, Empire of the Sun, Schindler's List, Heaven Knows Mr. Allison, and the mini-series Holocaust, and the Winds of War as well as Band of Brothers. Here is a great film that is not WWII (but WWI) but women will still watch it-Lawrence of Arabia as well as The Blue Max. Also another WWI film women will watch is Zeppelin.

Don't forget The Incredible Mr Limpet for the kids.

Regards,
                          Jody
                          Last edited by Jody Beltram; 06-16-2008, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Ironic you should bring this up S.M. I posted this on another thread today. BTW: Remarque's squeeze was Marlene Dietrich.
                            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Clark View Post
                              "Next we have one of the most implausible TR movies ever made, the 1993 Michael Douglas flick "Shining Through." It also featured the worst acting performance a (then) major Hollywood A-list actress, Melanie Griffith."

How bad was the acting?

Jeff--so bad its good--Melanie also is blessed by one of the worst German accents I have ever heard!
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X