MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tali-Ihantala 1944 (Finnish Movie) I recommend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tali-Ihantala 1944 (Finnish Movie) I recommend!

Very good war movie released now as an DVD.

It tells about one last big Finnish Continuation War battle in Tali-Ihantala versus Russians.

Very nice amount of original equipment used in Film:
    -More than one Sturmgeschutz assault guns
    -T34´s
    -KV1´s
    -Pak40
    -Panzerfausts and Panzerschrek´s
    -Focke Wulf FW-190 (German repro)
    -And others

Also includes wartime video of Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey,which was in crucial role on that battle.

Link to homesite of Film:
    http://www.tali-ihantala.fi/

I had a look at website , trailer looks good ,cant wait to see movie .

Thank you.

Comment

this film does look good. While I doubt i will ever learn the Finnish language (Finno-Urgic) , I have always liked Suomi history of WWII and the ancient times of Kantele sorcery singing and the Kalavala epic.

Comment

Looks great
        Does the DVD have subtitles in English option?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony N View Post
          Looks great
          Does the DVD have subtitles in English option?
          It sure have english subtitles.

Comment

Just ordered the DVD, believe it will go well with a bottle of Finnish Koskenkorva vodka?
            Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Originally posted by jiipee76 View Post
              It sure have english subtitles.
              Great stuff, i'll be ordereing the DVD

Comment

Originally posted by prorege1 View Post
                Just ordered the DVD, believe it will go well with a bottle of Finnish Koskenkorva vodka?
                Sure thing,bottle of Koskenkorva goes well with or without...

Comment

Just one more thing....where can i order this DVD from that has English language on the site & secure server

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony N View Post
                    Just one more thing....where can i order this DVD from that has English language on the site & secure server
                    Hello Anthony,

I bought two copies of this one,another disc set is unopened and i am going to add it and two other unopened dvd sets of finnish warmovies(Winterwar and Unknown Soldier) into books and media table of estand later this week.Let me know if you are interested.

-Tali-Ihantala 1944 is 2disc edition with ENG subtitles and it is Region 2.
                    -Winterwar is 1disc edition with ENG subtititles and is Region Free
                    -Unknown Soldier is 1955 version,1disc edition with ENG subtitles and it is also Region Free.

I have also Unknown Soldiers 1985 version,but there is no ENG subbed version of it.

Comment

I saw the movie for some months ago at the cinema and Im sorry to say that I was a bit disapointed. I think the acting was quite poor and the story felt boring.
                      The scenes with the tanks was good.

Comment

Originally posted by von Olsson View Post
                        I saw the movie for some months ago at the cinema and Im sorry to say that I was a bit disapointed. I think the acting was quite poor and the story felt boring.
                        The scenes with the tanks was good.
                        I can say same for the acting,but the movie is originally made to present historically accurately stages of battle as realisticly as possible.It is more like documentary/movie mix.There is no specific tale/plot in the movie like Winterwar and Unknown Soldier movies had.But what is good in the movie,is good amount of REAL hardware like Stug´s,T34s,KV1 and others which is rare to see nowdays.

Battlescenes cannot be compared to Winterwar or Unknown Soldier 1985-edition scenes,those have very much same quality/realistic(or maybe even better) battlescenes as have Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brother-series.

Comment

The KV-1s and the SU-152s are T-55 vismods (T-55 hulls with mock-up KV-1 turret and SU-152 superstructure), they are really well made though!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X