Valkerie Movie Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valkerie Movie Trailer!

I've found a full trailer for the movie Valkyrie, scheduled for release February 13, 2009. It's the one in which Tom Cruise is cast in the role of Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg. The movie is obviously named after the codename for that particular plot to kill Hitler.

Enjoy the trailer, and be sure to post your thoughts on it after viewing. (Just scroll down the screen a bit, and click on the arrow in the black box).

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/11/08/...movie-trailer/

Chris
    Last edited by Stahlhelm; 06-13-2008, 10:11 AM.

I'll go ahead and make one comment about it for starters. I never like it when the actors speak English in a movie about the German Third Reich. It just somehow never seems as convincing or authentic, and it always continues to distract me throughout the movie. I'd much rather that they had used German actors (or at least actors speaking German). I'll happily read subtitles for the added authenticity anytime. For an example, just imagine what English would have done to Downfall.

Chris

Comment

I just realized that I spelled the name of the movie incorrectly. It is actually Valkyrie, of course, rather than Valkerie. Sorry about that. It's just that somewhere in my searching earlier I think I actually saw it spelled that way too, by someone else. Anyway, I just wanted to correct that. This is the kind of thing that makes me also wish I could also edit the title of the threads.

Chris

Comment

Well, English spoken and Tom Cruise aside, I think the movie will be worth the watch, they seem to have a lot of detail in there. However the brief shot of their Hitler made me laugh. He looked terrible.
        Still though, looks like a good one! I did note a few actors from "Conspiracy" and at least one or two from "Downfall"

Comment

I understand how it might not be WAF friendly but at least it will reach a much bigger audience & create a fresh wave of interest. It might bring some new collectors to the hobby too
          Trailer looks good, seems that it might build a lot of suspense.

Comment

It looks good. I'll definitely see it when it comes around. I see many fine actors in there, including Terence Stamp, Kenneth Branagh, and Tom Wilkinson. Most of the uniforms looked passable for a movie as well. I agree the Hitler did look a little 'weak' though.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this movie along with another out this fall (forgot its name though).

I enjoy having it in english. I find subtitles distract me from enjoying the acting and immersing myself in the movie. Although if i could understand German...well, i would love TR movies in German. So thats my bias opinion :P

Comment

My only problem is I will have to see the movie a couple of times as I will looking to see how athentic everything.

Comment

Who cares....I will have a look at CARICE VAN HOUTEN !!!!!!!

Comment

Yes I think I'll enjoy it, here' another trailer; http://valkyrie.unitedartists.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Eric-Jan Bakker View Post
                      Who cares....I will have a look at CARICE VAN HOUTEN !!!!!!!
                      There is plenty of her to look at in the Black Book.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl S. View Post
                        Yes I think I'll enjoy it, here' another trailer; http://valkyrie.unitedartists.com/
                        Looks great, that will be the multi million Dollar budget!
                        I'm also a sucker for Nazis jumping off the back of trucks & running around

Comment

Alot of drama and semi heroic scenes, but the truth is that Stauffenberg was Sieg Heil-ing all the way untill 1944 when the fortunes of war changed he yust changed side...

Comment

movie

They better not blow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Giva View Post
                              There is plenty of her to look at in the Black Book.
                              ......that is why I bought the movie Zwart Boek on dvd......and for the material provided by some WAF members......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X