WW2 German Collectibles by John M. Kaduck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 German Collectibles by John M. Kaduck

Does anyone remember this book? The prices listed back then were absurdly low, ever for 1978 (they were probably good for 1958). Someone noted on another forum that it was only good for hotel buys!
    If I recall right, the author (Kaduck) simply razored-out pix from other books and magazines, and then just photographed the cut-out pix.

Anyway, who was Kaduck, and what ever happened to him?
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

"big Red"

This old book was called: "BIG RED" by many of the motel buyers in the early days as it was the source of prices used to buy from the local veterans. When initially introduced, the prices were so low as it was considered to have been printed for just that purpose: buying from the uninitiated.
    I never knew Kaduck nor did I know anyone that did, so I wonder if it wasn't a ruse from the outset??
    When I did motel buys I used Tom Johnson's Handbook as my dagger buying guide and it worked well for me.
    Ron Weinand

Comment

Ron, I guess I am showing my age--looks like we are the only ones who remember this book. I bought mine at a show in 1979, and as a 17 year old kid, I recall trying to get dealers to sell me things for the book's prices (w/o any success, of course!)
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

My son and I bought the book about the same time ('78 -'79). Absolutely useless now as it was then, but we still have it!

Regards,

Ed

Comment

I remembr it.

I remember it, though I no longer have a copy. The prices were so cheap it convinced me that TR was not worth collecting at the time - a real bum steer!

Comment

HAHAHAHA, this book is the biggest joke ever. The guy who wrote it is a real clown and it makes perfect sense that it was a complete SHAM for the purpose of buying pieces for cheap to resell.

I looked through this book for the first time this evening and could not believe what I was reading. There is a price guide published 2 years later "WWII German Military Collectibles" by Robert McCarthy that show prices at 10X - 20X the price in this book!!

It looks like at least one forum member admitted to using this for its intended purpose! http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...+Kaduck&page=2
            Last edited by Tony Bologna; 01-06-2017, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Here are 2 highlights, An SS Cap Skull for $6 (less than a DAF cap insignia)

And an Army Flak and Glider at $18 and $20 (both less than horseman badges)
              Attached Files

Comment

I recall having the 1982 version of this book. The prices were off, but not as bad as in the Kaduck book.
                This one must be a later edition, as I do not recall mine having this cover:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I recall this one as well--I believe it was from 1985, and the author was a guy named Rankin:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X