Das Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Das Boot

What a masterpiece of a film Just seen it for the first time in a few years with the 5.1 surround et al and bloody hell what a great piece of film work. Obviously the German language with the english subtitles
    Cheers
    Jonathan

Yes, that movie is a masterpiece and will always be in the top 10 best war flicks.

-Eric

Comment

I bought the DVD a few weeks ago as i remember how gripped i was by it when it was on TV originally.
      Then i noticed that the copy i have is the full 4 hours 42 minutes
      There are so many different versions, the full version, the film version & the cut down full version
      I'll just have to do it in 5 sittings.
      Ant.

Comment

The special effects were great...
        Attached Files

Comment

Great movie, especially the German-dubbed Director's Cut.

Comment

One of my favourite war movies and still the best made submarine movie.

.......and no computers at that time to make the special effects !

yours
            Eric-Jan

Comment

One of my favorite films.

Comment

One of the greatest films of all time, regardless of genre.

Comment

Originally posted by handschar1 View Post
                  One of the greatest films of all time, regardless of genre.
                  Hard to argue with that.............a peerless film full stop.

Regards Richard.
                  Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

The nerves of steel composer required for that line of duty amazes me.

Comment

a GREAT movie!

It is such a well-done movie..the full director's cut is the way to go..sure its a commitment, but its well-worth the time!

The scene where they are stuck at the bottom of the sea with all systems damaged, taking on water, losing oxygen and how they manage to pull it all together under the Captain's tremendous leadership is just an emotionally-charged triumph of story, acting and filmaking...
                      "We all have it coming, Kid" ("Unforgiven")

Comment

One of my favorite scene of many is when the Captain goes to his quarters and comes back wth the Luger.He is going to shoot the mechanic for leaving his post and disobeing his orders.

Comment

I first had it on VHS with english subtitles and wore it out so I had to get it on DVD. the first time I popped it into the player and heard the english voice overs I couldn't stand it and went back to the subtitles. Much better in German!

Comment

My favorite of all time! Bought the uncut mini series version (293 minutes) from Amazon and was well worth the price.

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge64 View Post
                              Hard to argue with that.............a peerless film full stop.

Regards Richard.

Well for all those that can receive BBC 2 TV ..... It's on tonight at 11pm, Directors cut version

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X