stalingrad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stalingrad

Just watched the dvd Stalingrad produced by the same people who did Das Boote. Maybe not historicaly correct in some details, but certainly showed the horrers of that terrible time.

I liked the movie since it came out in 1993. To nowadays standards of movie-making (effects, digital pc-technology,...) a bit dated.
    But I still have it on dvd and it has a magnificient soundtrack imo.

Nico

Comment

I like the Stalingrad too. But there are a few blunders regarding rank on shoulderboards in the movie, same thing in the movie Napola. I just dont understand how they are able to do misstakes like that. It kind of destroys the feel in the movie. Still napola is one of my favourite movies.

Comment

I agree that Stalingrad is a great movie, for sure, and I also happily own it on DVD. However, I do also agree that such rank errors, so common in lots of otherwise great movies, are baffling, unexpected, and distracting.

There are actually few such movies I've seen that don't eventually do something wrong with the insignia/rank details. I wonder if they so often slack in this area because they simply don't care, don't think the average viewer will ever know, and/or just don't want to spend the extra money (however little that is) to get a real, knowledge expert on the subject. Baffling, it is...

Chris

Comment

Hi all,

Stalingrad is also one of my favourite films, although some uniform detail is a little in error. But the overall feel of the movie captures for me the hopelessness and the terrible cold endured by both the Wehrmacht and Russian forces.
          Imagine being transferred from the warmth of Italy to the frozen vastness of Russia!
          One of my personal top ten war films.

Best regards,

John.

Comment

My favourite movie! Indeed some rank errors. But we should look to what happened, the story and the comrades.

I watched the movie and though by myself, where they have been through, they went through HELL litteraly. I/We cannot IMAGINE nor feel nor know how it was in Russia during the Winter in World War II. Only those who have been there, they know.

I don't watch and think by myself.. WTF... A rank error?! What did the producers do there, .ssholes!!.. No I don't, as I said I look to what happened, the story and the comrades.

Indeed ranks and errors could be better but hey we don't watch a WWII movie to look what rank errors there are. I bet everybody who bought or rent this movie though "Stalingrad.. A pure hell.. Where have those Soldiers been through" and not "Mmhhh.. Okay I'll watch and go tell which errors there are and maybe say, What a waste of money".

Comment

Originally posted by Nico C View Post
              magnificient soundtrack imo.

Nico
              Nico, Do you have the soundtrack??? If so, where did you get it?
              Also, Jim Calhoun told me he supplied some of the uniforms to the movie Stalingrad. Maybe that's the problem.

Comment

Not as good as Das Boot, but still enjoyable.

Comment

Very poor film, in my book. I have seen it once and that was a major disappointment.

Comment

Did anyone else think the voice of the chaplain sounded disturbingly like Baldrick from Blackadder?

Comment

Jim Calhoun is a horrible story teller living in make belive land. He did not supply anything for this movie.

If you want to see what he is up to these days check out the links below:

If you want a good laugh, check out these videos and pics Calhoun posted on his My Space page. He is very pathetic, mainly talking about his ex-girlfriend who evidently finally told him to take a hike.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=41391285

Here is the other one made shortly after the first:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=41657048

Here is his pathetic profile:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=397149398

And 57 pages of pictures, very interesting notes he adds to the pics. Kind of contradicts a lot of what he says in the videos, but that is the narcissistic Jim that I knew.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=397149398

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Chap15 View Post
                        Nico, Do you have the soundtrack??? If so, where did you get it?
                        Also, Jim Calhoun told me he supplied some of the uniforms to the movie Stalingrad. Maybe that's the problem.

Sorry Chap for the late answer... I just noticed your question today

I got it in a local flemish shop in 1993.

But you can get it at the german Amazon:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listin...2103638&sr=1-1

But it isn't cheap

Comment

I enjoyed it alot, better than most war films that's for sure. My only complaint is they never showed what happened to the gung-ho Feldwebel.
                          Don't believe everything you read on the internet, that's how WWI got started.

Comment

In case anyone is interested I bought this film on DVD at Tesco's for £3 - £4 (can't remember which)

At this price the film is worth a watch!

Regards

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X