Journals, Periodicals and Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Journals, Periodicals and Magazines

I would like to subscribe to one or maybe two journals relating to Military History but the choice out there is massive. Does anyone regularly buy these and if so which ones would you reccomend?

Thanks

Jonathan

It depends upon your interests. there are some superb speciality magazine. Owning Benders' Military Advisor' will pay off handsomely one day as a collectable in its own right.
    Last edited by McCulloh; 01-22-2008, 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Im mostly interested in WW2 military history, Wehrmacht obviously, but also interested in all sides to a greater or lesser extent.

Thanks McCulloch
      Jonathan

Comment

I have some doubt that you will find what you are looking for, Jonathan. If they serve a broad enough market to survive commercially, then they tend to recycle the same tired old tales over and over (e.g., the current World War II magazine). Others start up as splendid productions full of articles of well-researched, little known aspects of World War II, can't sustain it and collapse in the 3d or 4th year (e.g., World War II Investigator from the 1980's). Except for the academic journals, military periodicals are not a growth industry since the onset of the internet so I think it is going to be quite difficult to find something of quality, in English yet appealing to a wide enough audience to be financially viable.

--Larry

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

Have you looked at this magazine before?

http://www.armourer.co.uk/

It may not be exactly what you are after as it concentrates more on militaria than miltary history but I thought I 'd mention it anyhow.

I've picked up the last two issues at fairs and they are good reads.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Many thanks to Larry and Ian
            Jonathan

PS Ill look into your suggestion Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X