Movie title help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie title help

When I was younger I remember watching a movie about a group of men who job it was to disarm bombs, now I cannot remember if they were British actors or not just that in the end of the movie the one man makes a mistake and orders his co-worker to leave so that they both don't get killed and then the credits start to roll and imply that he does die. Now I know this isn't much to go on but I have an urge to watch this movie again. Any help would great and I apologize for the vague details but that is all that I can remember.
    Thanks
    -Patrick

Not sure but I think it is Danger UXB which came out of the UK. They might have made a movie of it but I think this was a TV show. Check the PBS site as I think they sell the full set in VHS anyway. Hope this helps.

Comment

Was it a movie, or a TV series? "Danger UXB" was an excellent series on PBS' Masterpiece Theater here in the USA; I believe it was from the early 80's. The subject was a Royal Engineers detachment responsible for deactivating unexploded bombs (UXB) during early WWII. I would guess that there were at least 8-10 episodes, at one hour each; tough to make a movie that long!

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Yes, I believe that is the one that I was thinking about. Thank you very much for your help.
        -Pat

Comment

Amazon has it for sale.. DANGER UXB........

1. Danger UXB by Louisa Rix, David Buck, Marilyn Galsworthy, and Tim Pigott-Smith (DVD - Jan 25, 2005)Buy new: $69.95 $57.99 39 Used & new from $25.50Get it by Thursday, Jan 17 if you order in the next 21 hours and choose one-day shipping.Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping. (31) DVD: See all 3 items

Comment

Movie Title Help

There was also an American feature film made back in the late 1950's called "Ten Seconds to Hell" about postwar German soldiers ( played by Jack Palance and Jeff Chandler) who disarm German bombs in devastated Berlin. Not a bad flick, as I recall.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X