Marc's Flak Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marc's Flak Book

From what Marc told me it is scheduled for February but patience is a virtue in which I am lacking. Has anyone seen the cover? Is the simple yet elegant cover shown on the B&D site correct? It is an odd photo showing the spine and all. How many pages? Questions questions questions........

Hi Shawn,

the book cannot make till February since it is not finished yet (layouting by me, that is). It will be more mid-end of March 2008

The "simple but elegant" cover (Thank You very much for the compliment) shows the book itself, i.e. the linen cover.

There will be a more colorful dust cover also.

The book will have around 400 pages (most likely even more) and the same format as the RK book.

... and it is absolutely stunning. Every page is a new adventure for me...

The amount of information is beyond believe and this is THE book that ever needs to be written about the FLAK badge. Thats it and I mean it!

We will starting the pre-print sale at the SOS. Byt that time we will also have a grip on the pricing for the regular edition and the numbered Limited one.

Best regards,

Dietrich

PS: here's a little teaser ...
    Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Appreciate the teaser. A whole series with the embossed spine would be great. Just look for the badge and pull it off the shelf. I cannot wait. A big thanks to all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Rawls View Post
        A whole series with the embossed spine would be great.
        Thats what it will be. Same size, same style, same deep content and approach...
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Dietrich,

"Typ" auf englisch ist "Type" . . . .

Gene
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hi guys,

Looks great! Can't wait to get my hands on it. Congrats Marc for finally getting it done, already have a spot on my shelf for it.

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
              "Typ" auf englisch ist "Type" . . . .
              Thanks Gene,

had it right in the RK-Book. Here I took the table from the german RK book as the template - that was clearly wrong! It's corrected now!

But there's for sure still a lot of proof-reading to do.

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

I am looking forward to this I just hope the exchange rate does not make to prices to high.

John

Comment

Why should that be? The book is published by a US-company and will be sold out of the good old US of A. Priced in US$.
                  B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Oh for the simple fact I thought this was comming froma EU publisher vs. a U.S. publisher. I recently looks at vol #2 of a set and the second vol cost twich as much and that price increase is directly related to the exchange rate...

http://www.heukemes.com/index.php?kat=agb
                    Last edited by John Cooper; 01-09-2008, 10:00 PM. Reason: forgot the link

Comment

John,

Here is the link for the publisher. Frank is no longer in the hobby.
                      Marc

Publisher: http://www.ironcross1939.com/

Comment

Frank is no longer in the hobby?!?!

What happend?

Comment

Originally posted by K98_man View Post
                          Frank is no longer in the hobby?!?!

What happend?
                          Surprise surprise..

A briliant moderator, a true expert in tha badge field... author of the excellent book gave up shortly after publishing his very first book... was it the book itself that put him away from the hobby(too much time invested)? or was it a hobby itself and actual situation on the market (flood of fakes)?

After buying numerous badges and medals due to personal troubles I have been put aside this hobby and even forced to sell some of my few things. It gave me the opportunity to look at this from the distance. Now I know something has burned out inside me. There are only pieces of metal, awards which were not even awarded by me or any of my relatives... Since one year I have not purchased anything...

Well, it seems I am not the only one burned up guy here. Recently many do make ´vacations´ from this hobby including very fine contributors (inc. Heukemes or Boonzaier). From S. Bianchi I have not seen anything for a long time, The web site has not been updated for ages (long ago promised rk sections are still empty...) it seems to be some kind of relation... quick in and slowly out...

Comment

I can't speak for Frank, but it sounds as though the hobby was not at the top of his list of priorities. I agree 100%. Hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                              Why should that be? The book is published by a US-company and will be sold out of the good old US of A. Priced in US$.
                              I wish prices were a little more reasonable. USD125 + 32 is quite a sum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X