Kg200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kg200

Can anyone recommend a single history book on KG200, need to have list of operations and personel, many thanks, Paul

Hi Paul, not exactly what you are looking for in regards to the detail you need; but the only book I know of about the unit is "KG200 The True Story" by PW Stahl.

I bought it back in the early 1980's and still have it, but not read it for years. I suspect you might already have it.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ade, thanks, no books as yet, just picked up a wehrpass to KG200, so trying to get a decent book on the subject......

Comment

The one I mentioned is worth having as a good basic primer on the unit. It tells of the unit history, aircraft used, etc. I think you should be able to pick it up cheaply.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Ade, as ever thanks, Paul

Comment

Originally posted by leibregiment View Post
            Can anyone recommend a single history book on KG200, need to have list of operations and personel, many thanks, Paul
            Paul -

The original edition of the Peter Stahl book was written (in German) back in the mid-1970's before much of the archival documentation was readily available for research. It focuses mainly on his personal experiences in I. Gruppe (the agent-dropping Gruppe) and provides little on the rest of the Geschwader. Furthermore, in addition to a very shallow treatment of the subject, it is chuck-full of errors. You would be much better off with the Geoff Thomas/Barry Ketley study which is fully researched and up to date. I have all three of these books and can therefore make the comparison.

Thomas, Geoffrey J. and Barry Ketley. KG 200: The Luftwaffe’s Most Secret Unit. Crowborough: Hikoki Publications, 2003. ISBN: 1 902109 33 3. Hb (oversize). Dj. 192p. Heavily illus. Color profiles. Appendices.
            Gellermann, Günther. Moskau Ruft Heeresgruppe Mitte...Was nicht im Wehrmachtbericht stand: Die Einsätze des geheimen Kampfgeschwaders 200 im Zweiten Weltkrieg. Koblenz: Bernard & Graefe, 1988. ISBN: 3-7637-5856-9. 326p. Illus. Appendices. Bibliography. Names index.

You could also get my recently published first volume on the Luftwaffe's bomber force where you will find 4 pages of comprehensive, illustrated details on KG 40:

http://www.ianallanpublishing.com/pr...0&cat=0&page=1

--Larry

Comment

Larry, great information, have taken your advice and got them, again many thanks for all your time and trouble, Ade, as ever thanks...........Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X