Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New book about German military codes of manufacturers

Hello!

I hope it's not a prohibited advertisement to present an own book, but since last week my book "Deutsche Fertigungskennzeichen bis 1945" is finished. Maybe someone is interested in German markings of WW2.

It has more than 500 pages, is sorted in two ways (after codes and after company-names), contains all military code systems (abbreviations, number-codes, letter-codes, LDO-numbers for medals & insignias and the RZM-numbers for NSDAP- & SS-equipment).
    The text-part is written in German and English language. The part with the codes is not translated, because there is not much to translate. But I have forced the publisher to print the text in English language too. I think it's very important to know the background and the development of the code systems. I have found many original documents in archives to reproduce the way of the development step by step.

In my book I have all codes from the first abbreviation (ammo manufaturers) from 1920 to the late letter-codes "ozz". I have also added about three pages with identified codes after "ozz" (like "swj" for Steyr and so on).
    There are many mistakes in names and addresses in the codebook from John Walther and the old one from Karl Pawlas. I have check EVERY name and address, so I hope to have limited the mistakes to the minimum.

Well, it's my hobby and I do not earn money for living with my book. It took me seven years to check every single code and location on historic landmaps. I have added the todays names of the towns, so that everyone can find the locations on modern landmaps. So I'm really happy now .

There is no commercial distribution to dealers outside Germany, so if someone might be interested, I can send books from me.

The price is 41,- EUR (= 60,- USD) inclusive airmail-postage (sorry for the high postage).
    In Europe it's only 35,- EUR incl. postage and in Germany 32,- EUR incl. postage.

I can send some pics and scans by e-mail!

With best wishes
    Michael Heidler
    e-mail: ggbuch@web.de
    Last edited by GGG; 12-18-2007, 04:53 AM.

Hi Michael,

Yes, this is the correct location to post about your book. Sounds very interesting to me. Posting some examples of pages from your book will certainly help generate interest. If you aren't a member yet, you can email me some samples and I would be happy to post them up for you in this thread. My email is tdurante@empireeng.com.

Specifically, do you have "badges and awards" maker marks?

Good Luck with your book.

Tom
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Sounds very interesting!!!

Following a few pictures Michael did send me:
      Attached Files
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

The table of contents:
        Attached Files
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Another one...
          Attached Files
          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

an finally this one...
            Attached Files
            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Thank you Dietrich!

Michael

Comment

the book seems promising. Anyone actually bought it and received it?
                Does it contain also factory markings for equipment gear, for instance?
                Tks

Comment

Originally posted by BKG View Post
                  Does it contain also factory markings for equipment gear, for instance?Tks
                  Yes and No. If the company had a code, you will find it in the book. If the company did not have a code, you will not find it .

The book is not sorted by the kind of products. It's an alphabetic list of the codes and an alphabetic list of the companies.

With best wishes
                  Michael

Comment

Are only the RZM listings for metal objects listed? Uniform tailoring firms, weaving companies, etc. are listed or ?
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=265794

Yes a quality reference guide.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=265794

This link would be more readable.

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
                          Are only the RZM listings for metal objects listed? Uniform tailoring firms, weaving companies, etc. are listed or ?
                          Erich
                          Unfortunately not. I wasn't able to find any documents dealing with other groups.
                          In the book I have only some of the A1-group (equipment) and many of the following M-groups (metal):

M 1: ensignias, medals
                          M 2: dependent subsidiaries of bigger manufacturers
                          M 3: emblems, badges, symbols
                          M 4: belt-buckles
                          M 5: accessories for uniforms (stamped eagles, buttons, ...)
                          M 7: knives, daggers
                          M 9: convention badges
                          M 11: NSDAP-awards
                          M 12: NSDAP-miniature-awards

Best wishes
                          Michael

Comment

Hi everybody!
                            I just want to let you know that my publisher has printed new books.
                            Please note that it's not a second edition. The content is unchanged.

If someone couldn't get one during the past month because it was sold out ... please feel free to contact me. It's available again.

Price is still the same (63 USD by airmail incl. postage on your own risk or 66 USD for a registered and insured airmail-package).

With best wishes
                            Michael
                            (ggbuch@web.de)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X