The Pilot Glider Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pilot Glider Badge

Just wanted to announce the progress on the work on the English version of Stijn Davids book " The pilot Glider Badge"

The translation goes well and the book is expanded compared to the german version. More pictures, more history, ..

The format will be 6.5 x 9.25, hard cover, linen bound with dust jacket. Pages most likely in the area of 180.
    Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Some sample pages.

The plan is to have the book on the market end of March next year.
    Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Looking very good. Can't wait for this one

Comment

Glider pilots badge

Hello,

I am also looking very forward towards the endresult + i am very pleased to see that a badge that was almost denied and forgotten over the years gets actually the attention it deserves

Cordial greetings + thanks Dietrich,
        my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Review

I just finished reading the glider pilot badge book. I enjoyed the less known short stories of gliding missions in WWII. Good pictures and plenty of information on the associated documents and documenting of award BUT:

Only 13 pages of reference on the "awarded" badges!!!! That is not a justification for calling it a reference book for the badge at all. Only 10% of the entire book is dedicated to the physical details of the awarded badges.

To make matters worse, the 13 pages of pictures are of low quality. C'mon!!!!!

If cast fakes pick up every little detail, obverse pictures become useless and if hardware is only shown from one angle, reverse shots become useless.

Any prospective authors out there, use this as a reference on what not to do in your book.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X