EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grandfather's Tale by Timothy Erenberger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandfather's Tale by Timothy Erenberger?

Has anybody read this book? It has a ton of positive feedback (about 130 comments) on Amazon.com. But then again it has a dozen or so really bad ones. They claim it is a poorly written, fictional account. Any input?

Haven't read the book - but did read through the reviews. There are two types of reviewers - those that appear to know what they are talking about and those who only know about WW2 from the History Channel. I believe the one star reviews on this one.

Comment

It's probably the only book I have read that I threw in the garbage when done.
      I found it poorly written and researched. The author tried to have the sniper use every type of rifle ever encountered in WWII.
      According the this book any K98k can be scoped easily with no gunsmithing required. All officiers allow thier men to do whatever they like and provide no direction.
      The author comes across to me as one who has never served and has tried to place evry weapon he has seen in books and thaught was neat into the hands of the main character.
      Like I said in my first sentence I threw out this book after I completed it. I found it so bad I did not even want to donate to any lbrary or pass it on to anybody else.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X