No announcement yet.

upcomming book announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An excellent book on a little known formation and it's awards!!!!

I already have an interesting in Gliders but it has given me a thirst for more!

Well done Stijn!!!

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

new book

Hi ian,

Thank you for the heads-up and your insight in my new book. Much appreciated

Cordial greetings,

ps: yes, the book is still available => feel free to PM me iff interested.
      my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Stijn, I´ve received it today . What a great and deep job you´ve done! Quiet a model to follow when researching... Congratulations again and best regards.
        Óscar

Comment

New book

Hello Oscar,

Thank you very much for that notification, i hope you do enjoy the book + feel free to comment or give new info iff you notice or know something.

Cordial greetings,

Comment

It is my pleasure to announce that I will publish Stijn's book in English. The contract is signed and I will shoot for a February 2008 release date. The book will be in the same style as the RK book and will, together with Marc's Flak Badge book, be a superb addition!

We both, Stijn and myself, thought that such a good and well researched books should be made available to a worldwide audience.

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

That is good news Dietrich. I did not order the book because I saw it was not in english, now I would love to get a copy. best wishes,
              jeff
              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

New book release

Hello,

Yes, what Dietrich does say is true, so this book on this very underestimated and largely unkown subject will be made available in englisch thanks towards Dietrich

So we will have:

* German edition (Own publishing, 150 examples printed)
                * Englisch edition (published through Dietrich => no numbers known yet)

Anyway, i would like to thank Dietrich for his restless efforts in convincing me to make it available on a wider basis. I am looking forward towards the result.

Cordial greetings,

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                  It is my pleasure to announce that I will publish Stijn's book in English. The contract is signed and I will shoot for a February 2008 release date. The book will be in the same style as the RK book and will, together with Marc's Flak Badge book, be a superb addition!

We both, Stijn and myself, thought that such a good and well researched books should be made available to a worldwide audience.

Dietrich
                  Yes!
                  Now i will be able to read what i'm sure is a fantastic piece of writing. Yay!

Comment

Glider pilots badge book

Hello,

I am sure that this book will be a valuable extra for everyone who wants to know something on the rare 'Lw. Glider pilots badge'

Looking forward towards the result from Dietrich and his team .

I think this book is a superb example in wich a very unkown and lowly beloved field can bring previous forgotten details back to life again. Quite a few glider pilots who have contributed and who have become friends over the years have given me already some of best and nicest compliments i could ever dream off. For quite a few of these guys there is info included wich they even did not known (for example: you where not allowed to wear the glider and pilots badge at the same time, they are always very humble and they ar epleased that their almost forgotten history becomes it place in history again ).

Therefore boys and girls, research, research and specialize. it will be a big reward for you in the end when your research does find its way !!!

Thanks for looking + Cordial greetings,

Comment

Congratulations Stijn! The book looks excellent +! Dietrich, please reserve a US copy for me; Stijn, will you be able to sign US copies?

Very best,
                      John
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

upcomming book

Hello,

Thank you John, ye sthere will be signed copies => but these will be a limited serie.

So in this book you will have actual 2 limited versions.

1) the original german Version (only 150 printed)
                        2) the Englisch version with a X number handsigned by me

Cordial greetings,

Comment

John,

I'm not so sure right now about the Limited Edition per se. However, signed copies - sure.

Initially I wanted to print the book in b/w with only a short color section. Now I found out that this might not be the right thing to do for this nice work - so most likley I will go full color, i.e. the same quality like the RK book.

I understand that the book cannot demand such a high price as the RK book could (just because of page numbers alone) so to keep the selling price (and the cost) in a digestable framework there might not be a Limited Edition in a slipcase.

I will update you all on the progress. Now it is doing the translation and editing first. Also, Stijn has some writing to do since I asked him to expand more on the history.

Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

glider pilots badge book

Hello,

The German version is going good, i can say that approx. 65 % of the books are sold or on Hold at this point. So iff any of you guys wants a german version get your example when it is still possible.

I have seen already a few pages on the work that Dietrich is doing and i must say it looks very good + im looking forward towards the endresult ;-)

Cordial greetings,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X