Krieg in der Arktis a new documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krieg in der Arktis a new documentary

A new German documentary on the war in the far North is being broadcast on German TV and will eventually come out on DVD.

http://www.arte.tv/de/geschichte-ges...C=1641454.html

The DVD will include a lot of photos and various other extras and i think will be well worth getting, especially for fans of the Gebirgstruppe

I was fortunate enough to be involved in the making of the film last year when i acted as guide for the film crew for a day during their trip to Scandinavia.
    Attached Files
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

I'm showing it this evening on Arte.
    That's a real well made document.

Comment

Simon -

Is that you behind the camera, or are you the guy in the camo jacket and the slouch hat?

Comment

Slouch hat and my old army stuff that i still wear out in the boonies.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

This will be something to look forward to on DVD!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard View Post
            Slouch hat and my old army stuff that i still wear out in the boonies.
            Yeah, I still wore bits and pieces of mine for years after I left the service. It sure looks cold up there. There's no swimming in those waters, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
              This will be something to look forward to on DVD!
              "Krieg in der Arktis" is now available on DVD incl some nice bonus material: three extra interviews and a great slide show with unpublished photos from the Arctic, some in real colour.

So far its available only in German - but if you are really interested in WWII in the Arctic and don´t speak German, well - I think you will still want to have this documentary.

I dont sell it and dont earn anything from sales (although I was a consultant for the production). But here´s a site that has it: www.ardvideo.de/index.php?sid=55&ai=D76037&b=0

Note that some the text about 1941 in the sales blurb is incorrect. In the film this mistake is not present. It was someone at the sales department mixing things up.

Cheers,

Lars

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X