Saints & Soldiers Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saints & Soldiers Movie

Was my birthday yesterday, got the above mentioned movie. Think it was a small independent film but was really good! I enjoyed, Also got Flag of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima but not watched them yet.

Saints & Soldiers Synopsis

Based on actual WWII events, the award-winning "Saints and Soldier" tells the dramatic story of a small band of Allied soldiers trapped behind enemy lines with information that could save thousands of allied lives. Outgunned and ill-equipped, they must now battle a frigid wilderness and roving German troops to smuggle the critical intelligence back to allied territory. In mid-December 1944, Hitler's Army charges through the Ardennes Forest in Belgium, initiating the offensive that will come to be known as the Battle of the Bulge. The German soldiers open fire on the unarmed prisoners, in the tragic event now known as the Malmedy Massacre. Corporal Nathan "Deacon" Greer, his friend Gordon Gunderson and a handful of others survive the massacre by playing dead and escaping into the nearby woods. The small band of soldiers come across stranded British intelligence officer Oberon Winley, who has valuable information to be delivered to Allied forces, increasing the urgency of their already desperate situation. The group forms a fragile bond as they begin to trust each other. But the constant threat of capture, as well as mounting suspicions of a German sympathizer within the group, threaten to tear them apart. Now with few weapons, no food and a strained camaraderie, this tiny band must take on the unforgiving winter and a forest filled with enemy troops to fight their way back to Allied occupied territory.

i thought it wasnt bad, i got it a few days ago.

i enjoyed the fact that none of the main characters were shielded from the reality of war depicted in this film.

but i must say i did cringe at some of the rocket wepon attacks ( as they looked like fireworks)

if you enjoyed this film and your open minded, i would recomend "days of glory"

Comment

I thought it was quite well made when you consider the budget constraits. At least IIRC where it was filmed in the Utah mountains looked a lot more like then Ardennes, then Spainish countryside of 1960s movie of Bulge

Comment

I liked it

Comment

It was definetly good for a small independent film. Not only was the heavy equipment (german halftracks especially) historically accurate but I thought the story was very well written.

Comment

Not a bad movie by any means, somewhat forgettable, but worth a one look.

Comment

I liked up - in fact I watched it twice. I would recommend it to anyone who has not seen it yet.

RichB

Comment

I was given this film as a Christmas present and watched it
                yesterday.

Overall it is not too bad a movie, well worth a watch even if only for the sake of curiosity. A point of note as said earlier in the thread, the location was very good indeed and very realistic and unspanish!

Regards Richard.
                Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

It was done on a very small budget so taking that into account it was a decent enough film. Some of the main characters seemed somewhat overacted though. Some of guys from the german unit I reenact with were extras in the Malmedy sequence.

Comment

i agree.
                    Not too bad but you feel that it misses something....

Comment

Hi,

Quite liked this film, but the British RAF character was totally unreal and overacted.
                      Also, the continuing scenario about the cigarettes was badly done in my opinion.
                      But, for a small budget independent movie, a good effort!
                      Battle of the Bulge fantasy at it's finest.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X