AFRIKAKORPS by Robert Kurtz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFRIKAKORPS by Robert Kurtz

After to have read for the second time this book, i have decided to decree it the title of the worse and ridiculous book in the story of the literature of the 3rd Reich. A book where noone can learn something, just a ridiculous photos printed on expensive glossy paper.
    80 euro throw in the trash. Don't buy it!
    Alex

I dont agree at all...its a nice coffetable book
    Mats

Comment

I've got it, and I like it. Great photos and good reference material.

Comment

Old saying "picture worth a thousand words"

I have found both volumes of these books, enjoyable and useful. Certainly pleased to have them on my book-shelf. Of course if anyone thinks they are lacking, then please get to and do better. One could never have too many books about the DAK & German tropical uniforms.

In my opinion, one of the best books on the subject to date, Chris

Comment

Alex,

You need to include details why you think the book is not accurate or poorly written/published to justify such assumptions. Are there inaccuracies? Please tell....

-Eric

Comment

Hi alls
            today i have just received my book:AFRIKAKORPS by robert kurtz

i have seen this thread about it and i want leave my opinion too...

to me is a great book and very well displayed,i recomend this book to

everybody who enjoys these german militaria book in great format.

regards from spain

Comment

Well if you are looking for a military history book on the Afrikakorps (unit/battle info, individual stories, etc), then you will not be happy with the Kurtz collector book. However, if you are a collector, looking for a book to help you get acclimated with German Tropical tunics and uniform items of the Second World War, then this book by Kurtz is prob the best book out. The only other one that I know of (English language) is the small paperback book on German Army and Luftwaffe tropical tunics (but it is lacking in color photos - although I like it very much as well).

If you want a book with more details on the Afrikakorps you would probably be better served by the book "Rommel's Army in Africa" by McGuirk, as while this has collector info as well, it has much more background info on battles and the like (less big color photos though and not hard cover). The Bender Afrikakorps book is good as well (although out of print I think). I also found a book recently with in-depth order of battle and organizational info (good for research but not a cover-to-cover read) called "The Afrika Korps an organizational history" by Nafzinger (http://home.fuse.net/nafziger/WW2_ARMY.HTM).

This is a pretty heavily covered subject given the attention it was given during the war and how it has been romanticized by so many novels and hollywood movies.

Comment

Hi, I like this book, but I think it could have been better, IMO.

It needed more pics of the inside of the tunics, especially the non-Heer tunics, which dont get this treatment at all.
                It needed more pics of the underside and inside of the caps and the grommets etc..
                The same for the piths, underneath pics of the km and lufty and SS and the french made examples etc...

A good book, but it could have been great, IMO.

Thanks, Jerry

Comment

AFRIKAKORPS by Kurtz

Hello,
                  I also love the book and consider it one of my top ten favorites. There is some great tropical stuff in there.

I also love the 2nd volume too.

Regards,
                  Jody

Comment

For some reason books(biographies, etc) on the Afrika Korps are very thin on the ground. Maybe there is a story or two waiting to be be translated in the near future.

Comment

I didn't learn one single thing in this book, but books are not always meant to teach something...some are meant to make collectors dream....i open it everyday, i watch the pics and i dream...beautifuly pics of tremendous stuff...and i got the book for free...so...not complaining...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X