X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cuckoo

I just watched this movie--the Cuckoo:

http://www.sonyclassics.com/thecucko.../hasFlash.html

Anyone see it? Its a Russian-made film about a Finnish sniper, a Russian officer, and a Lapp woman who end up together late in the war.

Not the best movie (the Finn's SS uniform must've been bought off eBay), but the premise of a three people who all speak different languages (Finn, Russian and Lapp) is interesting---better than that yawner "Babel" .

Anyway, the film has some interesting moments...
    "We all have it coming, Kid" ("Unforgiven")

Sounds like one of those whacked-out Ingmar Bergmann films (i.e., The Seventh Seal, The Silence, etc.) that I remember watching at a theater in Georgetown just across Key Bridge from Arlington back in 1960-61. There was so little dialogue that the English captions across the botton of the screen didn't really help all that much. But everybody went to them because they were so "in" at the time. Even after two or three viewings, I was still clueless as to what was going on and had to rely on the reviews in the the Post, Time, Newsweek, etc. to get anything out of them at all.

--BHS1956

Comment

I have seen it. No real action. It is a love story of sorts. OK if on TV but not something I would buy.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I actually liked it. I thought it was very well acted and an original story since none of the characters understand eachother. Not a war film however so don't rent it if that's what you want to see.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X