New book - An Artilleryman in Stalingrad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New book - An Artilleryman in Stalingrad

The latest release from the Leaping Horseman stable is a translation of a German eyewitness account called "An Artilleryman in Stalingrad", written by Dr. Wigand Wüster. Wüster was an Oberleutnant and battery commander in Artillerie-Regiment 171 (71.Infanterie-Division) and describes his experiences with startling honesty, particularly an ongoing "battle" with his bullying battalion commander.

• 264 pages on high-quality paper
    • A5 format
    • Hardcover
    • 160 photos
    • 3 maps
    • 3 aerial photos
    • 5 appendices
    • 6 supporting documents
    • Index

The book is at the printer now and will be ready for release at the end of July. Retail price is AUD $50.00 but there's a pre-publication discount of 10%. Also, a strictly limited quantity of numbered bookplates (signed by Dr. Wüster) are available for an additional cost and will be issued on a first come, first served basis. If you place your order now, your credit card details will be taken but the card will not be charged until the book is despatched at the end of July.

If you're interested in the book, please have a look:
    http://www.leapinghorseman.com

Thanks for your time.
    Jason Mark

- - -
    Attached Files

Excellent Jason, I cannot wait. I have mine on order!
    Steve

Looking for anything pertaining to Pi.Btl.16 or Pz.Pi.Btl.16

Comment

Hi Jason,

I have tried to order the book but your website does not provide for shipping to South Africa.

Regards

André

Comment

Hi André,

The reason South Africa is not on the shipping list on my website is because my bank issues a list of countries from which it is safe and unsafe to take credit card orders. From memory, South Africa is on the "be cautious" list. Anyway, I have enabled "South Africa", so you should be able to place an order. Thanks for letting me know.

- - -

On another note: to everyone who has already ordered "An Artilleryman in Stalingrad", thank you. There was a delay in receiving the signed bookplates from Germany. I was on the verge of writing to everyone who had ordered a signed edition to tell them the bad news (that the labels had not arrived). Fortunately, the signed labels arrived on Friday. All orders have been packed and will be despatched on Monday.

If you want to order any products from Leaping Horseman Books, I suggest you do it before Wednesday 15 August because no orders will be shipped for the following 5 weeks (the office will be closed because I'll be on a research trip to Europe). It will be business as usual from 27 September, however.

Thanks for your attention and time!

All the best,
        Jason

Comment

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is a serious student of the Battle of Stalingrad and the events which led up to it. This book is an excellent read.

Comment

I received my copy a couple of days ago, and it looks excellent!
            Just started reading it last night.
            Steve

Looking for anything pertaining to Pi.Btl.16 or Pz.Pi.Btl.16

Comment

I received my copy of the book last week. What makes this autobiography stand out are two aspects. First, the author writes in an easily flowing manner in contrast to most other German autobiographies which come across as some what stiff and stilted. Second, the author not only took a goodly number of photographs but he also had a an excellent eye for framing his photos and catching details.

The book was a great read and I enjoyed it immensely.

Comment

I finished it last night, great easy reading!
                Cannot wait for the next one Jason!
                Steve

Comment

Id love to buy it and read it, but the prices seem so high. Any word on a paperback version?

Comment

“An Artilleryman in Stalingrad” by Dr. Wigand Wüster (Stalingrad Distillery No. 2)

I do not know if anyone has brought it to the author’s attention but in the German WWII magazine “Signal”, there is a fantastic picture of the Stalingrad Distillery No. 2 or “Sprits factory” as noted in the latest English language release of “An Artilleryman in Stalingrad” book.

You can see it is very early in the fighting and the main building has minimal damage. To bad, this photo was not included in the publication, especially because it being one of the final positions for his Artillery Regiment inside the Stalingrad pocket.

(Photo and text from “An Artilleryman in Stalingrad” by Dr. Wigand Wüster)

www.leapinghorseman.com

Russ

www.fireonthevolga.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X