SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting book for Gebirgsjaeger fans!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting book for Gebirgsjaeger fans!!

Hello,

I just thought i'd post a few pics of this book that has been in my collection for a good few years.I obtained it from a friend of my Grandads and paid the princely sum of £8!!
    After getting it home my Father had a look,and surprise,surprise,the inscription in the front of the book was written by his uncle who was a POW during WW2!!
    Also,could anyone give me a value on this?Any comments welcomed!
    Anyway,on with the pics!!
    Kind regards,
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyD; 12-29-2006, 09:30 AM.

Last edited by AndyD; 12-29-2006, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Pics!

Comment

more!

Comment

Last pic,if anybody would like to see any more,please ask!
          Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

This is indeed a wonderfull book on Gebrigsjäger ! I paid about EUR 150,= for mine, including the dust cover. The high price was due to the fact that this book has the only decent picture in it for the famous Heerebergführer Abzeichen, as far as I know. Angolia used it in his series on Wehrmacht uniforms.
            As these badges are greatly faked and there is hardly anyone who can identify an original (I've seen clear fakes been sold for top dollars ! ) I just needed this book.

Great find !

Bart

Comment

Ps ...

... Notice the Edelweiss being sewed backwards in the last picture ...

Comment

Dear Bart, just it occurred to me... There's a pic of a Heeresbergführer badge in the 2.Kp./G.J.R.100 book, I believe you have it?

Comment

Andy, are there any pictures of snipers in the book? If so it would be great if you could post them.

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

Hi Akira,

Youre question
                    I believe you have it?
                    can be answered in two ways:

1. Do you have the book
                    Yes

2. Do you have the Heeresbergführer Abzeichen that is shown at page 297 ?
                    Also, yes

The picture on page 297 in Kameraden unterm Edelweiss isn't good enough to see what an original should look like. The picture in Bewaffnete Alpenheimat shows much more detail.

Bart

Comment

Wooow, that gives you a super license to use GJR100 as your handle name!

About the book, probably we're talking about a different one ( because I do not own <i>Kameraden unterm Edelweiss</i>, I do not know if they share the contents).
                      Attached Files

Comment

Heeresbergf&uuml;hrer badge
                        Attached Files

Comment

Not from the book, but from one of my photo albums...

Comment

Hi Akira,

We're talking about the same book, it's just I have a new print. Yours seems to be an early printing.

This is a great picture you loaded !

Notice the panzer wraps and the Kreta-cuff title ! These are probably Panzerjäger.
                            The additional regimental pin is great ! I've not seen one for sale up till now

Is this from a photoalbum you have in your collection ? ?

Bart

Comment

Ach so, then I saved some cash by not buying <i>Kameraden unterm Edelweiss</i> , thank you.

Yes, the photo is from one of my (OK, I mean <i>in my possession</i>, not <i>about myself</i> ) photo albums --- Pz.Jg.Abt.611/655. It is a very weird album probably made by a collector, so I'm not sure why the photo is there...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X