Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ reference books

Gentlemen

I am looking for advice on good FJ reference books. There are quite a few books floating about, and I suspect most members of this forum have already made their decisions as to which ones belong on a researchers bookshelfs. Presently I have James Lucas "Storming Eagles" however this publication only begins to explore the various FJ operations/battles. To be specific, if you might be able to advise me on reference material on FJ operations over Crete (in particular 1/Pioneer Batt.), Ardennes Ops. (Operation Stosser) and FJ operations on the Western Front from the end of 1944 to the end of the war.

My thanks in advance

Cheers

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Some of the best FJ reference books are in German, and some of this are long out of print. The ones you need for sure are Jean-Yve Nasse's two FJ books; "Green Devils" and "Fallschirmjäger in Crete". Both have superb photos and and previously unpublished historical accounts and information. Several books are published in England. Some of these have some nice photos, but have many errors. I can think of 5 or 6 of these. Lucas's book is ok. Eric Queen's new Heer FJ book is also a must have for earlier FJ operations.

Hope this helps alittle....

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Willi

That helps a great deal in setting me off in the right direction.

Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X