Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books for researching units

Hello,

I would like to know what books you guys are using to research the units found in your wehrpasses?any help will be appreciated.

Yancy

HI Yancy,

There are three books by George F. Nafziger called "The German Order of Battle" they are about £35 each.

Panzers & Artillery in World War 2,
    Infantry in World War 2,
    and Waffen SS units in World War 2.

I have the first two and have found these to be quite useful. They don't give an account of exactly where each unit was but do show which units were assigned to which Army Groups and which theatre they served.

Other books would be required to give a complete picture, but they are a good start.

Gee
    Last edited by Graeme L; 03-16-2003, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Yancy, to continue the Scottish view, another book which I find is very good at giving a very potted history of units is "Hitlers Legions" by Samuel W Mitcham which I think is about £16.

Cheers
      Ian

Comment

Tessin

Hi Yancy,

if you have about a $1000 doing nothing you could do no better than getting the 20 volume work by Georg Tessin: "Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und der Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1939-1945" published by Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück.

Best regards
        Glenn

Comment

As Glenn mentions...Tessin....invaluable!!!!

Heres a previous thread about it and where to get it:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&threadid=6720

/Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Oops... the link in the above link does not work since Detlev has revamped his page but here is another German link:

http://www.militaria-biblio.de/Verla...l#HEADING453-0
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

thanks!

Hello,

thanks everyone for the fast replys!I now have a few new books on my "wanted" list!

Yancy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X