Knight's Cross book worthwhile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight's Cross book worthwhile?

I posted this in the "Crosses Forum" but I'm also putting it here.

Is anyone familiar with John Angolia's book On The Field of Honor - A History of the Knight's Cross Bearers?
    Is this a worthwhile book for the EK collector?
    What is the monetary value of the book?
    Any other comments?
    Thanks!

George
    George

Hi George,
    Yes, I am VERY familiar with Jack's two volume set, "ON THE FIELD OF HONOR" as a HEAVY contributor. This was a great start on covering a necessary subject. I have never heard why it was not completed and have been disapointed that it was not. Price - not a lot worse than other reference material on this subject. But, it does fall short of covering the entire list of holders that many of us thought it would. Disapointing at best.
    Regards,
    Dick

Comment

Thanks, Dick!

George
      George

Comment

Hi George,
        Please don't hesitate if I can be of any help on anything Knights Cross realted.
        Best Regards,
        Dick.

Comment

A neat set of books, but not overly useful as a research tool. Just not comprehensive enough as Dick mentioned. What's there is good though. Like most of the OOP Bender books, they are expensive. I got lucky a few years ago and picked up a set in mint condition for $50 on Ebay. From a dealer I think the set is more like $150. It depends on what you are looking for. The Angolia books have pics and neat little bios. If you just want a good listing of names, units and award dates, I recommend the Fellgiebel book "Die Trager Des Ritterkreuzes Des Eisernen Kreuzes" Gives good listings for winners of all services, but no pics or bio details.

Comment

Hi
            To add an element to Andy's response, the Fellgebiel's is the reference work in that matter but be sure to buy the latest edition since each one is amended with corrections.
            Regards
            Denis

Comment

Thank you Andy and Denis!
              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X