"Winter War" movie thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Winter War" movie thoughts

Anybody seen this flick? I was thinking of picking it up off Amazon for like 20 bucks. Worth it?

Winter war, great action

I would definately recommend WINTER WAR.

They don't kid around with a cheesy made-up plot, it's just about the war.

What I like about it is that there are realistic looking explosions, not the big balls of flames usually seen in movie. They move some dirt and bring down some big trees. They also have a nice assortment of weapons that aren't in other movies.

Cool flick.

Comment

when was it released i cant see it on amazon uk?

Comment

Don't know about Amazon.uk, but here's the Ami link:

http://www.amazon.com/WINTER-WAR-Tal...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Comment

Thats the belle and blade version of Winte War, there is another version with about an additional hour on it

Comment

The longer one any better?

Comment

I have it, I have seen it - I am recommending it. It is something comparable to the Das Boot but the action is taking place on the frozen ground - super movie!!!

Comment

the U.S. region 1 Bella and Blade version is 125 minutes(DVD), Bella and Blade does offer a 191 min uncut version in finnish only no sub titles and only on VHS....an hour plus of extra footage has to be better-hope it goes to DVD
                If anyone knows where I can get a region 1 uncut DVD version of Winter War please link me to where

Comment

i got this from netflix and really enjoyed it.... its a great movie!!

Comment

Cool, I ordered it, so I'll give you a report after it gets here.

There's a great book with the same title that I read a bit ago. Definitely worth picking up if you haven't already.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

I've been looking for a copy of this film for a long time. I just watched a 186 minute PAL version. Cor, cracking film. As previously mentioned no silly plot just the War. Highly recommended.
                      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Just got it today and watched it. I liked it. Nice to get a war movie without all the stupid computer special effects that we always have nowadays.

Favorite part: When the Russian horde comes running across the field in the end. Really gives a perspective of what went on on the Eastern Front, and for years instead of months.

Wish someone would make a film about the ski troops encircling the pinned down Russian columns in the Northern forests! Thanks for the recommendation!

Rich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X