"Ruckmarsch!" by Jean Paul Pallud.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ruckmarsch!" by Jean Paul Pallud.

After The Battle have just published a new book by french historian and author Jean paul Pallud - a long time contributor to the pages of "After The Battle".

Issue 133 has a sample of his book in an introductory article.
    "Ruckmarsch !"
    The book deals with the retreat of German forces from Normandy and jean Paul stated in his article his main problem was at what point should he end his book ?

All the usual hall marks of his work and those of an "A.T.B." publication are present , it will complement their last two books on Normandy.

I will get a copy via my local bookshop as I like to support them , I am a year older this month and might drop hints to my older ones as to what "Dad" might like , otherwise its the usual shirt and tie etc .
    Attached the information page from issue 133.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by behblc; 10-20-2006, 04:20 AM.

Outstanding

Bought a copy of the book.
    It is outstanding in every respect , the usual high production standards as one has come to expect and has been the norm for this first class publisher and author.

Well illustrated , it details in full the retreat to the Seine and recounts in detail the success, trials and tribulations of the crossing points - you really have to marvel at what the germans used to cross the river and what they put vehicles on to get across.
    In many ways it was a mini Dunkirk to get to the east bank.

The photographic record is rich and graphic , and tells a complete tale of an army in retreat but still not beaten - money well spent.

I managed to leave my 3 day old copy at Antwerp main railway station which was really smart of me .

When I got home apart from feeling sick with myself I ordered a second copy , it was that good.
    Last edited by behblc; 10-20-2006, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Have just ordered this, looking forward to it - belated thanks for the review !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X