Book on Nuremberg Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book on Nuremberg Trials

Can anyone recommend a good book on Nuremberg Trials? I see a number of them floating around on Ebay but dont know which ones are actually worth reading. Thanks!

I've read a few. I like the one by David Irving, although all of them have their good points.

Comment

"Nuremberg: The last Battle"

I liked David Irving's book too. It's definitely not the same old same old.

George
      George

Comment

I came across this one time & bookmarked it, more like daily proceedings, but still interesting......link,

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/imt/proc/07-27-46.htm

Comment

try again
          http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/imt/proc/07-27-46.htm

Comment

Ok, I'll check David Irving's book out, thanks.

Vincent, good link, I think I have seen that site before but never bothered to go into details. Now that I looked at it closer, it is actually interesting reading.

Anyone read or heard of "Anatomy of the Nuremberg Trials" by Telford Taylor?

Comment

"Anatomy of the Nuremberg Trials"

If you want a well-rounded look at the trials I'd say it's essential, since it was written by the Chief Prosecutor at the proceedings. But remember that Taylor's viewpoint is hardly unbiased.

George
              George

Comment

#1-The Trial of German Major War Criminals.(TGMWC)
                #2-The Trial of Major War Criminals (IMT)
                #3-Trial of Major War Criminals before the international Military Tribunal (IMT)
                #4-Trial of Major War Criminals before the Nuremberg Military Tribunals. (NMT)
                #5-United Nations War Crimes Commission
                Regards:Andrew

Comment

Vadim,

I have THE book on the Nuremberg trials to recommend to you. Fascinating!

When I get home tonight I'll get the name and author. You will not be sorry to buy this excellent book...

I wsih I could remember the name of it offhand, but I read so many...

Don't let me forget! An excellent, excellent book!!!
                  -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

*jumping up and down* oh boy, oh boy! THE book???

Comment

A couple more

I Was The Nuremberg Jailer by Burton Andrus (the American commander in charge of the prison during the trial) is an interesting memoir. Another "must have" (although I don't like it) is Nuremberg Diary by G. M. Gilbert, a psychologist who interviewed the defendants.

George
                      George

Comment

You are evil, evil people, all of y'all. Evil, I tells ya!!!
                        I asked for a BOOK! A BOOK! IN SINGULAR! Now I got to buy all these books AND read them. And Ralph hasnt even told me about THE Book yet.
                        Do we know if anyone ever gotten divorced because of this site?

Comment

I recommend NOT reading anything by David Irving. He is a Holocaust revisionist who's books have been discredited by almost all historians!

Comment

IMO, there's nothing wrong with Irving's books. He does his own research and comes to his own conclusions. By the way, what is a 'Holocaust revisionist'? If you are implying that Irving denies that the Holocaust happened you haven't read his books.

Comment

I think that David Irving's books are great!

George
                              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X